Thread: Cross Mags?

Feedback Score

Cross Mags?

Now that we (=EU) got that nice 10 round limit aka normal-size ban, we finally joined the ID-Ten-Tango club. People start looking for diet mags to stay legal, so.....

Any experience with those?

https://www.crossindustriesinc.com/

Seem to be Canadian made, lots of promises and marketing, but what about

- Reliability
    - Compatibility
    - Durability
    - Handling

Still on the fence about the idea of having the magazine´s feeding end exposed (prone), but at least you can grab the darn thing. Price over here is matching two PMAGS with coupler, so they may be worth a shot. What do you think?

Feedback Score
    Another thing I would consider is how well it does against solvents, such as DEET. It's my understanding that that's one of the big weaknesses of translucent magazines.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up, I´ll look into this.

Feedback Score
    Just more info on translucent magazines, I have been told that the clear H&K rifle magazines are just polycarbonate, so quite tough under normal circumstances, but will degrade when exposed to solvents such as DEET. Same source told me that ETS uses ether sulfones, so are rather soft and have "grit problems" (which I assume to mean that grit will wear them down quickly), and Lancer uses polycarbonate with modifiers for their translucent mags that make them a softer than normal PC, but thus has better impact resistance, and also use a chemical resistant coating, which means that its resistance against solvents will eventually go away. Magpul tried to do a translucent magazine, too, but was unable to find a satisfactory mix for polycarb that met their expectations.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I have bought and have been using these and so far they seem good ! No hard use yet but have had 0 feeding and bolt hold back issues so far. I'll keep using them and get back with further info if I run into problems. I get mine through Big Daddy Unlimited so with shipping there around $10 bucks each when I buy 10 at a time. Worth a look I say !
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/hexmags/10-round Gun Mag Warehouse is out of stock most of the time but sign up for emails and if your faaaaast enough you mite get lucky !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have 10 pairs of these mags as they are all we can use in Canada that isn't 5 round capacity. They work well, they take a beating, they lock together tightly and are reasonably priced. Solvents used have been Hoppes, Slip 2000 cleaner of some sort, and various lubricants(mostly grease from me) all with zero negative effect.

Feedback Score
    And if you already have a pile of 10 round PMAGs, there’s the MagCoupler that does the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Quick Update:

First range day: No issues with the Cross Mags, they work like a charm. I didn´t do any torture tests, just loading, shooting, normal operations. Since that is my first .223 AR, I don´t own any mags so far. PMAGS + couplers are in the same price range as Crossmags (over here), so both are an option. I like the Crossmags for their easy coupling/decoupling plus mounting option. PMAGs of course are the proven standard. Probably going to end up with a box of each, ha.

Thanks for your input, helped me making the right choices!