Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best bang for the buck

Feedback Score

Best bang for the buck

Have $600.00 saved up for a scope for my AR10 .308 and can't make up my mind between a Vortex, Leupold or a Primary Arms low power variable scope.Whats the best buy in that range with lighted cross hairs or dot ? Fixed income rules out Big Buck glass and the range around here is 250 to 300 yds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Vortex Viper 1-6x.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I was just looking at the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 MOA, seems to fit the money but can't find out how long a battery last?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you leave it on all the time, weeks. If you turn it off between uses, a long time. 2032s don’t have a lot of capacity.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a Viper 1-6 Gen II on one of my AR10s. I am very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    Delta stryker 1-6 for $720

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Never heard of Delta?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Another vote for the PST 1-6x in that price range. There are good Leupolds but none I recommend in that price range. And would definitely take the PST over a PA.

Natchez has the Burris XTRII 1-5x for $450, a really great deal that leaves you money for a good mount. Just another option - the PST is slightly nicer overall but the difference isn't huge. I own both.

https://www.natchezss.com/burris-xtr...obs-matte.html
    https://www.natchezss.com/burris-xtr...obs-matte.html

You could also find a Steiner P4xi 1-4x in that price range but, again, I'd go with the PST.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Depends on if you might be happy with a 1-4x.
    A guy on a subreddit has a a SWFA 1-4x listed for $260 shipped. I am (I think) going to pass on it, but might meet your needs on a fun gun.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunAccessor...tm_name=iossmf

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Have $600.00 saved up for a scope for my AR10 .308 and can't make up my mind between a Vortex, Leupold or a Primary Arms low power variable scope.Whats the best buy in that range with lighted cross hairs or dot ? Fixed income rules out Big Buck glass and the range around here is 250 to 300 yds.
    Might want to take a look at the deal EuroOptic is offering on the Bushnell Elite Tactical Pro II 1-6.5. List was $1400, now reduced to $599. Reason for discount is that the scope has been discontinued, but all reviews indicate a high quality scope, at a very nice price. https://www.eurooptic.com/Bushnell-E...hrow-Leve.aspx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast