Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownells is a ghost of it's past

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    DSG and Primary Arms for AR stuff. Greg Cotes got pistol mags and parts. All ship fast but Greg Cotes is freakish fast.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    G&R Tactical, or Arms Unlimited for Colt parts. That is when they have them in stock, as you can imagine most Colt parts are backordered at the moment. Sionics for good quality parts that won’t break the bank. DSG, Rainier Arms, and Primary Arms for everything else.

Edit: I’ve never had any issues with Brownell’s, and continue to shop there. Their selection isn’t near what it was a few years ago, but I think that’s a reflection on current market conditions.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 09-12-20 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To everyone saying how they are making it rain Benjis; I don’t doubt you.

That said, they aren’t selling anything I want. Their Retro XM-177E2 is anachronism stew. Their AR-10 is okay I guess but irrelevant.

It’s hard to find anything useful because it’s harder to navigate. I hate popups.

I mean, it’s just not a go-to place for me anymore.

You’re talking to a guy who misses the Cyberian Outpost. I like sketchy, almost under the table kinda places that just have everything I need because normies don’t go there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would go between MidwayUSA and Brownells. MidwayUSA might have a little better selection, but prices at Brownells tend to be better... especially since they do FFL discounts for FFL-03s.

I actually just ordered from them about 20 minutes ago. My truck AR pistol took a major dump on the range today, and dealing with the manufacturer to get it squared away. For the short term, I’ll be using my PSA AK-P for a stand in. Had to get some magazines, sling setup, and a piece of rail for a light. Discount and code on top of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, I'd say this isn't exactly the best time frame to be judging a company's performance. Looks to me like most everyone is out of / low stock on stuff. I continue to like Brownells and will continue to use them.

Feedback Score
    Brownells is constantly restocking. I’ve ordered some OOS small hardware and received it within a week of the rest of the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I ordered alot of items from https://whitelabelarmory.com/ before the panic, quality USA parts super fast shipping. Things are picked over now but items are coming back in. Depending on needs I use BCM also, super fast and FREE shipping when its over $100 or so and its easy enough to get over $100 ! I found these guys a month or so ago and they have decent stock and were having Deals Of The Day. My buddy and I bought Colt Buffer Tube Kits for $42 bucks each. https://www.righttobear.com/ I also use Forward Controls,MidwayUSA & a few others that don't come to mind at the moment. Even in these times if you look you can still find pretty much anything ya need.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve just been placing back orders for the stuff I want that is out of stock on the Brownells site, and it’s been pretty reliably shipping within like 1-4 weeks, and I don’t get charged until it ships either. Now granted I’m ordering stuff that is mostly just intended to pad my spare parts inventory and thus I’m kinda like “it gets here when it gets here” because none of it is anything that I need “urgently”. If I were in a hurry I’d look elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Well, I'd say this isn't exactly the best time frame to be judging a company's performance. Looks to me like most everyone is out of / low stock on stuff. I continue to like Brownells and will continue to use them.
    I’ve bought a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from Brownells over the past couple weeks. None of it was AR-related, so I can’t and won’t judge their performance in that regard, but my transactions went smoothly. I will say that they seemed to be hedging their bets on shipping notifications. My shipments arrived well before the estimated dates.

I agree with HKGuns that the current climate will adversely affect pretty much anyone who is stocking gun parts (particularly modern service guns) and ammo. Stock, websites, prices, and shipping are all going to be a little out of whack for the foreseeable future.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    Over the years I've generally used Brownells for less common parts like a revolver yoke screw assembly or something like that. Never thought of Brownells as the go-to place for an AR castle nut which can be found at most any parts bin Internet seller.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 09-13-20 at 07:26.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast