Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownells is a ghost of it's past

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I’ll bet they are making more money now than ever.
    We all know that crap is KING, give us cheap AR parts... or something like that...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Seems Brownells has become a larger player and more politically active. They were my go to for a while when their 10% coupons showed up regularly. Never had an issue and scored some amazing deals.

I have zero complaints and grateful to see them in the fight. Pete is a freedom guy and donates to those causes. They just donated $50k to fight the California magazine bans in the 9th circuit.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/bro...magazine-fight

Feedback Score
    If I want Chineiusm crap parts like $4 castle nut, I will go to Primary Arms or PSA.
    I suspect some folks FrankenARs are half airsoft... I am not a hater of Chinese manufacturing, but asking a professional gunsmith-oriented supplier to get into a race to the bottom on commodity import prices is self defeating.

That said, Brownells continues to my go-to for a vast majority of orders. I have used them more over the last 3-4 years, when I realized a few percentage points more in price pays off. They ship timely, they take back orders and if you have a problem, you call in and talk to an American who grew up speaking English. I get that slightly elevated price back, many times over, if I return an item.

Now, I wish Brownells would get the MP5 bolt springs I have been waiting for in stock... for a year. My guess is that isn’t on them, but waiting for the OEM to ramp production in a pandemic.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    If I want Chineiusm crap parts like $4 castle nut, I will go to Primary Arms or PSA.
    I suspect some folks FrankenARs are half airsoft... I am not a hater of Chinese manufacturing, but asking a professional gunsmith-oriented supplier to get into a race to the bottom on commodity import prices is self defeating.

That said, Brownells continues to my go-to for a vast majority of orders. I have used them more over the last 3-4 years, when I realized a few percentage points more in price pays off. They ship timely, they take back orders and if you have a problem, you call in and talk to an American who grew up speaking English. I get that slightly elevated price back, many times over, if I return an item.

Now, I wish Brownells would get the MP5 bolt springs I have been waiting for in stock... for a year. My guess is that isn’t on them, but waiting for the OEM to ramp production in a pandemic.
    You raise some valid points. Brownell’s customer support is second to none. Not even Midway comes close IMO. Plus the stuff they carry tends to be pretty good (KAC, LMT, Colt, DD, Schmid Tool, Vltor, B5).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Seems Brownells has become a larger player and more politically active. They were my go to for a while when their 10% coupons showed up regularly. Never had an issue and scored some amazing deals.

I have zero complaints and grateful to see them in the fight. Pete is a freedom guy and donates to those causes. They just donated $50k to fight the California magazine bans in the 9th circuit.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/bro...magazine-fight
    Brownells is my first stop for this reason. Between dealer pricing and edge shipping I’m fine throwing them money if they have what I need.

As others have noted their stocking items seem to have decreased and I hope they turn that around at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did not say they were out of stock, I said they no longer listed it in their catalog, using their website
    is a migrane maker.
    Like I said 67 handguards and 1 castle nut.

Feedback Score
    I just ended up using BCM for a rifle length receiver extension, spring, and buffer.

Supply is so low on AR items now the only place I could find a MOE rifle stock was the Magpul site itself.

As for the ‘large outfits’, I seem to be ordering more from Brownell‘s now than I do from Midway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    I did not say they were out of stock, I said they no longer listed it in their catalog, using their website
    is a migrane maker.
    Like I said 67 handguards and 1 castle nut.
    I’m not sure what search terms you used. I found several, but many were out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I said I was using their catalog, not the *&^%$#*( internet )

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I continue to use them. Never had an issue and they have good shipping, great CS and many good brands.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast