Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Brownells is a ghost of it's past

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I remember being a kid and making a Christmas list from the Macys catalog. Things just ain't the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    I disagree.
    Monte Kennedy’s book is still there:
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod12613.aspx

George Nonte’s book is also listed, currently out of stock, but available for back ordering:
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod42457.aspx

Brownells does everything it can to keep these alive. Spreading unfounded rumors of their passing is damaging to their reputation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No one said anything about their passing. Brownells has grown into numerous new product lines well beyond the gunsmithing tools and materials they started with. They have self branded product lines such as optics, and have undertaken manufacturing in house such as their AR mags.

Brownells is one of the few places that can keep the classics alive as well as serve the demanding contemporary market.

Feedback Score
    I have ordered from Brownell’s in the past and picked some gas rings, extractor springs, cam pins, firing pins, etc. last year before the pandemic started. I also bought some Toolcraft BCGs from Pirimary Arms and put the BCG in an upper to verified this it works. I fired 150 rounds using this BCG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    No one said anything about their passing. Brownells has grown into numerous new product lines well beyond the gunsmithing tools and materials they started with. They have self branded product lines such as optics, and have undertaken manufacturing in house such as their AR mags.

Brownells is one of the few places that can keep the classics alive as well as serve the demanding contemporary market.
    Sorry, between the title of the thread (being a ghost implies passing) and your comments about the Nonte book and checkering book, I mistook you for the OP.
    I agree with you. I think Brownells deserves a lot of credit for adapting to current needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I do see some of the supply and other issues mentioned, which probably are caused by the stress of the current panic buying mode. But I still use them regularly along with probably half a dozen other online retailers. They've always treated me well as far as customer service, and I can find promo codes to get discounts and/or free shipping on nearly every order. When it comes to things like quality gunsmithing tools, nice cleaning gear for precision rifles (such as Bore Tech), they tend to carry some of the quality stuff and I often check them along with others, to see what they have. For example just last week, I bought one of their special-cut Sinclair bore cleaning guides made for 6.5 Grendel, has a built-in solvent port, is the right size to keep stuff from leaking back into the action, it's great. Didn't find anything quite like that elsewhere. A few weeks back, I bought a Badger Condition One optic mount, those things are popular and at the time of all the retailers I use, Brownells was one of the few that had the exact one I needed in stock, and for a reasonable price, and free shipping.

They're not perfect, but pretty consistently good despite that--I'll keep using them.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Brownells is dealing with the same supply chain stuff the rest of the industry is. Aside from being such a big deal in retail, they are also a wholesaler.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I have heard good things about the optics. The mpo line is made in Japan
    My review FWIW:

Feedback Score
    I have been using Brownells for decades. Their back-order system is the best. Just received an order last week with AR parts and accessories. At this time they are out of the same things everyone else is. I will continue to support them.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Before things got crazy, I bought a ton of small parts.
    They had tons of Colt parts that I stocked up on.
    I don't mind paying a premium for Colt parts and they had everything.
    Once it's delivered, it is all labeled in individual baggies.

Get yourself a FFL C&R and enjoy the discounts.

Brownells has never let me down.

I recently bought a Colt upper at a great price, too.

Feedback Score
    Brownells is awesome, but not all the time on everything. Some of the HK parts they have are ridiculously cheap... I buy stuff I don't need when I buy other stuff, because the prices are insanely low.

Today I got a backorder in stock notification for my MP5 trigger housings for $25, and last time I shopped there I got a baby poop tan 416 stock for $100. As long as they keep giving HK parts away, I'll keep throwing money at them.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast