Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol Brace & Buffer Tube Questions.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pistol Brace & Buffer Tube Questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    Another question being of short stature the brace is almost perfect to use as a "rifle" against my shoulder. I don't want to get i to the semantics and legal issues BUT does the A4 with adjustable brace extend a little further?
    Is the SOB butt up against end of the buffer tube? If so, either of the adjustable braces will give you more.

The SOB is listed as 7.8” in length. The SBA3 is listed as 6.75", 7.6", 8.25", 8.75", and 9.5". The SBA4 is listed as 7.5", 8.25", 8.8", 9.5", and 10.25".

That being said, I prefer the SBA3 for that first number... 6.75”. It is 1.25” shorter OAL than the SBA4 collapsed.

I used to have the SOB on my TAC-14, prior to the rule change. I’m AOWing that (it is a folder, so under 26”), so when I do get it back on, my first buy will be a SBA3 setup. Debating about getting an SBA4 to try and see if I like it on my AR pistol... but still up in the air on it.
    Last edited by Screwball; 09-18-20 at 07:29.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    The SBA3 is listed as 6.75", 7.6", 8.25", 8.75", and 9.5". The SBA4 is listed as 7.5", 8.25", 8.8", 9.5", and 10.25".

That being said, I prefer the SBA3 for that first number... 6.75”. It is 1.25” shorter OAL than the SBA4 collapsed.
    7.5" - 6.75" = 0.75", incidentally the difference between a carbine and A5 receiver extension.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Is the SOB butt up against end of the buffer tube? If so, either of the adjustable braces will give you more.

The SOB is listed as 7.8” in length. The SBA3 is listed as 6.75", 7.6", 8.25", 8.75", and 9.5". The SBA4 is listed as 7.5", 8.25", 8.8", 9.5", and 10.25".

I used to have the SOB on my TAC-14, prior to the rule change. I’m AOWing that (it is a folder, so under 26”), so when I do get it back on, my first buy will be a SBA3 setup. Debating about getting an SBA4 to try and see if I like it on my AR pistol... but still up in the air on it.
    So with the Law Tactical installed the brace from upper to heel is ~10" so I'd not gain much.

BUT it's up against the end plate and I can't get a QD in that spot.

So can I put a spacer in there...even a block at the end of the buffer inside the brace seems like a good idea...

Or is this frowned upon?

Thanks!

W

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no idea with that folder... but adding an SBA4 to it will give you a QD on the brace, somewhat forward on the brace.

I use an endplate QD point on the SBA3, since the mount on the brace is so far back, it is uncomfortable. Maybe if I went two-point, and switched the rear to the brace QD... but personally, I’m not that into running a sling like that.

I did an extension with my AR back when I lived in NJ (ACE stock). The tube stayed in position and a spacer was put in the rear of the stock to gain the LOP. Unsure if it could work, but I don’t know about how well the SOB will hold with a spacer, since you reduce the area where the brace actually holds onto the tube.

Unsure if I got the extension from them or MidwayUSA, but might be something to look into.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12