Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE Suspect arrest-Cops ambushed-critical condition-Los Angeles Co sheriff

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    That's a nice thought, but I was spoiled with .gov provided equipment and ordnance. On numerous occasions I was popping off rounds from a carbine or sidearm out the open door of an MH6/AH6J - never did it as often while flying the Kiowa Warrior.

And then you have the issue of taking a former pilot like myself with no current certification, and entering domestic Class B airspace low and fast. That would only work if the government has fallen apart, then there would be no issue. Not that I couldn't do it, mind you......

FYI, during my first years of Army Aviation, we all had nicknames - many times by other pilots or senior NCO's. Mine was "Murdock", after the character in the A-Team from 1983-1987. I won't tell you why right now:

https://i.imgur.com/BGLSvK8l.png
    I've only seen the movie, but I have a theory...

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OH58D is Murdock Murdock.

Based.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    OH58D is Murdock Murdock.

Based.
    I've met the actor from the TV series - Dwight Schultz. Big time political Conservative. His portrayal in the TV series had certain elements of my personality (at least when I was wired and taking incoming fire).
    Last edited by OH58D; 09-13-20 at 15:42.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    We have been down this road before, 2014 isn't that long ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_k..._NYPD_officers
    Happened in Philly a couple years ago too. Luckily the retard shot most of his ammo into the pilar despite being a few feet away. The officer was wounded but survived

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This sickens and saddens me. Sickens because it is happening. Saddens because the media and government (the left at least) aren’t calling these criminals out and cutting them down.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've met the actor from the TV series - Dwight Schultz. Big time political Conservative. His portrayal in the TV series had certain elements of my personality (at least when I was wired and taking incoming fire).
    He was the Man. I remember watching Next Generation and he was on it too.

I now picture you in a Loach humming Ride of the Valkyries and strafing heathens and hand tossing a few grenades for good measure with a mullet.

Do not correct me. It’s a nice mental picture and chicken soup for the soul.

Feedback Score
    Hahahahaha ha OH to funny I actually was thinking of this with that pic you posted the other day of you roping for the branding pic and my brain put some screaming antifa/blm person being on the ground roped up and branded on the forehead

You know I am quite proficient at roping 4 footed critters from horseback. It's much easier on bipedal upright ones. I'll rope and drag 'em, and how about just branding them at first? Five or six of us on horseback could quickly decimate that bunch. If the enemy tries an attack from behind, the business end of a horse most likely would launch them aloft in an instant.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    It is becoming more and more apparent that a segment of society can not be reasoned with, satisfied or pacified. The only solution ultimately will be incarceration or burial. Harsh but probably true.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    It is becoming more and more apparent that a segment of society can not be reasoned with, satisfied or pacified. The only solution ultimately will be incarceration or burial. Harsh but probably true.
    “The worse they are to us now, the less guilt to feel later.”

Those are not my words but it’s a chilling concept.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He was the Man. I remember watching Next Generation and he was on it too.

I now picture you in a Loach humming Ride of the Valkyries and strafing heathens and hand tossing a few grenades for good measure with a mullet.

Do not correct me. It’s a nice mental picture and chicken soup for the soul.
    The wife and I discussed my Army nickname and why not tell you the whole story. The A-Team first aired in January of 1983, and by the Fall of that year it was a very popular show.

During Operation Urgent Fury, I was a 23 year old 1LT flying co-pilot with a CW4 pilot and 'Nam vet. We did a Hydra Rocket run at Zero Dark 30 at the Pearls Airfield on the NE side of Grenada to take out some Soviet Era AA and APC's. The place was filled with Cubans and Angolan workers, and after the AA was knocked out, we were taking small arms fire from the ground. I kept hearing this sickening clang and bang on the aircraft and I commented about it to the pilot. He just calmly said we're taking hits.

All of a sudden my right hand started feeling warm, and I pulled my glove off and I was bleeding pretty heavily. I had taken a fragmented suspected 7.62x39 round to the hand where the thumb meets the hand. I was pissed and pulled my Smith & Wesson revolver and started popping off rounds at anything I saw moving. I was really amped on adrenaline and after using up my six rounds we headed off to the USS Independence aircraft carrier since we were low on go juice. Landed there and I was stitched up by a Navy Corpsman. As I calmed down, I started getting nauseated and nearly puked. I was off the adrenaline high and my body and mind was realizing that I went off kind of crazy-like after getting shot. This was my first time in combat.

My CW4 told the story to the rest of the Regiment and I was given the nickname of "Murdock". Now you know the rest of the story. Oh yes, that fragmented round in the thumb got me my one and only Purple Heart.
    Last edited by OH58D; 09-13-20 at 17:09.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast