Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger Upgrade

Feedback Score

Trigger Upgrade

I have a couple BCM lowers how much benefit would I get from upgrading triggers? If so any good suggestions?

Feedback Score
    I’d suggest moving up to a Geissele trigger, its the guaranteed upgrade I do on any gun regardless of whether I build it or its factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    “If you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow” Chuck Colson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Do a search on this forum to get opinions on a variety of triggers.
    You will get questions on the role of the firearm in question and if you are looking for a single stage, such as what you probably have, or a 2 stage, like the Gessele. More info would be helpful as the options are in the dozens.

Mark

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I prefer a single stage trigger I know Geiselle has one model but out of stock everywhere. Open to other brands.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jev View Post
    I have a couple BCM lowers how much benefit would I get from upgrading triggers? If so any good suggestions?
    What do you want to do with the rifles?? I'll give you two extremes.. Both "G" triggers. The SSA is probably the most popular duty grade trigger. It is a 2 stage but a safe one. A big improvement over a standard trigger but the second stage is soft. Bill describes it as breaking like a carrot. In other words it is forgiving. The other extreme are the "E" triggers. While still 2 stage the bias between 1st and second stage is greater and they break like glass. I don't remember the numbers offhand but compare them this way. Imagine the A trigger takes 1# to reach the second stage and 3# to break the sear. Now the E trigger taking 2# reach the wall and 2# to jump it. Both are 4# triggers but the E takes half the energy to fire as the A after reaching the second stage. The A is the duty trigger and the E is the precision rifle trigger. The biggest gain when getting a "G" trigger is the consistency you don't have with many other triggers. They do the same thing every time.
    Last edited by GH41; 09-13-20 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jev View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I prefer a single stage trigger I know Geiselle has one model but out of stock everywhere. Open to other brands.
    I type too slow. The "G" single stage is a game gun trigger. If you want a practical single stage look at the Wilson TTU. It is my favorite do everything trigger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I type too slow. The "G" single stage is a game gun trigger. If you want a practical single stage look at the Wilson TTU. It is my favorite do everything trigger.
    A JP Adjustable can be either depending on how it is adjusted.

The only downside is a guy has to be able to read and follow instructions. It does not just 'drop in' and everything work like magic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Before dropping money in a new trigger, clean up the one you've got now.

Remove the FCG (Fire Control Group) from your AR and clean it with solvent or really hot water & crush soap to remove any oil, grease or preservative.

Grease the sears, the pin holes and the bottom curve of the hammer and reinstall.

Next, without the upper installed, work the trigger while watching your favorite show. You do this by cocking the hammer, then pull up on the hammer against the sear s with one hand and press the trigger with the other. Not too hard, though. You don't want to chip or round the corners of the sears. Degrease and repeat as necessary. This will smooth out the sear contact areas and get rid of the crunchentick feeling of the factory trigger. The trigger pull will be greatly improved.

Don't let the hammer slip from your fingers and bang against the lower. This will eventually damage your lower.

Another thing- if the trigger is installed dry, it doesn't matter how good the trigger is. It'll feel like a dump truck load of gravel found its way into the lower. Grease your triggers, boys & girls!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-13-20 at 17:03.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post

Don't let the hammer slip from your fingers and bang against the lower. This will eventually damage your lower.
    Sticking a foam earplug between the hammer and lower will prevent damage if it gets away from you.

Andy

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If you have BCM factory lowers, they typically have their PNT trigger. This is actually a pretty nice trigger. What sort of things are you looking for the new trigger to accomplish? Uses?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast