Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger Upgrade

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have a couple of ALG/ACT single stage triggers. Actually very good for me.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    A better trigger was a huge boost in shooting accuracy for me. I went first to an ALG/ACT trigger which was definitely better than mil spec. Then, I got sidetracked on a binary trigger which was a piece of crap. But from these two triggers (actually three counting mil spec) I learned what I wanted: a short travel distance, quick, short reset, light trigger. I got a Rise RA 140 drop in trigger with anti-walk hardware for about $140.00. I am very happy. Zero misfires. This is all the trigger I will need.

But, in looking around, there are many companies which make this same class of light, quick, drop in trigger for very little money. Take your pick.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have replaced all of my "better" triggers (On SPR type rifles etc...) with LaRue MBT's. Liked them so much and they are SO cheap, I now have them on half of my "everyday" rifles too. I mean, hell, you can buy 3 of them for what an SSA-E costs.....Why not?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the replies. Buddy actually had a Geiselle ssp trigger new so I got a hookup. Now to figure out if I want to install it myself?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jev View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Buddy actually had a Geiselle ssp trigger new so I got a hookup. Now to figure out if I want to install it myself?
    Dude its easy. Google it. Make sure the springs are facing the right way with the legs in the correct position. Perform function check.

This would be like paying someone to refuel your lawnmower for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Dude its easy. Google it. Make sure the springs are facing the right way with the legs in the correct position. Perform function check.

This would be like paying someone to refuel your lawnmower for you.
    How do you fuel a lawnmower, just pay a gardener. Kidding aside I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Probably more intimidating then it actually is. Actually the thing that I’m trying to figure out is lubing it correctly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    How do you fuel a lawnmower, just pay a gardener. Kidding aside I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Probably more intimidating then it actually is. Actually the thing that I’m trying to figure out is lubing it correctly.
    Lube the silvery spots where metal on metal is happening. And the pins. Medium coat of whatever you have on hand. Or just put a light coat on the whole thing and call it good.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I use the mil comm grease For my gun, is oil better for the trigger group Like slip or something like that? Thanks

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I use the mil comm grease For my gun, is oil better for the trigger group Like slip or something like that? Thanks
    I’m not familiar with that grease, but its like 99% likely to be fine. Put a dab on the silvery spots. I actually use grease on mine most of the time. Any grease I have on hand.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I may be so bold-
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ger&highlight=
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast