Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger Upgrade

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    If you have BCM factory lowers, they typically have their PNT trigger. This is actually a pretty nice trigger. What sort of things are you looking for the new trigger to accomplish? Uses?
    Mostly looking for a little quicker trigger. Triggers not bad maybe a little spongy, but I keep hearing that getting an upgraded trigger from standard Mil-Spec is a big difference.
    Last edited by Jev; 09-13-20 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    LaRue MBT-2S, or since you mentioned single stage, MBT-1S.
    Hiperfire EDT2/Heavy Gunner
    The Geissele SSA is well worth it if you get it on a good sale. Otherwise, any of the other three are good.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    As noted, the trigger you have is pretty decent already. If you really want an upgrade I recommend the MBT from LaRue. I use the 2 stage model, but I'm pretty sure they make a single stage variant. I've got some G triggers. There is no denying that they're excellent, but IMO they're no better than the MBT and they cost about 3x as much.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jev View Post
    Mostly looking for a little quicker trigger. Triggers not bad maybe a little spongy, but I keep hearing that getting an upgraded trigger from standard Mil-Spec is a big difference.
    You might find the videos here informative. https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-ar-15-triggers/

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback. I prefer a single stage trigger I know Geiselle has one model but out of stock everywhere. Open to other brands.
    Geissele SSP
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Geissele is probably going to be the most listed answer.

But here's a second for the Larue. They are a fine trigger for the price. Buy anything from Larue and you'll be prompted to add a trigger. At least go there and read all the reviews.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Trigger Upgrade

I have a couple BCM lowers how much benefit would I get from upgrading triggers? If so any good suggestions?
    I wouldn’t waste my money on a trigger unless it’s a rifle set up for precision or matches. Personally, I have no use for a 2-stage trigger outside of those scenarios.

Spend your money on ammo and training. I guarantee you will derive more benefit from that.
    Last edited by scooter22; 09-14-20 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Hiperfire EDT2/Heavy Gunner
    The Geissele SSA is well worth it if you get it on a good sale. Otherwise, any of the other three are good.
    I'l second the Larue for the money, very hard to beat and its single stage and crisp. My goto is G-SSA.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-14-20 at 12:41.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think you need to go actually feel a high quality trigger. "quicker" is not a term I would use to describe one. Spending $230 on a trigger will not make your gun shoot faster. Learning how to shoot faster is how your gun will shoot faster. There is a real technique to it called the 'rhythm drill'. A lot of shooters have a trigger preference. I prefer 2 stage triggers to single stage triggers. Although I understand there are some very nice single stage triggers, I like the ability to prep the trigger before breaking the shot. Thats just my preference. I own a G2S, Larue MBT-2s, and had 2 schmid triggers. They are all reliable except for one of the larues. One of the Schmids was weird outa the box but broke in really nicely after awhile. My G2S is the oldest trigger with the most round counts and is the gold standard, I just have a slight preference for the Larue triggers. If I had to pick only one it would be Larue.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A 2-stage will never be as quick as a single stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast