Thread: What About 6.5 Grendel Ammo In 2020?

Feedback Score

What About 6.5 Grendel Ammo In 2020?

Guys what is your review bout 6.5 Grendel Ammo in 2020?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Be more specific.

Feedback Score
    Panic buying aside, there is a decent selection for people who don't reload. With the panic buying, expect stock to be pretty short. The 6.5 Grendel is by no means uncommon, but the people who shoot a lot of it tend to be reloaders. Companies are going to stick with what sells immediately during a panic, and the cartridges that tend to be reloader cartridges just go out of stock and new stock becomes less and less common. It still hasn't been determined if this is going to be a full-on, multi year panic, or if things will get better by the end of the year.

Are you thinking about getting into it or do you already own a gun for it?

Feedback Score
    Due to a lack of foreign competition, brass cased 6.5Grendel ammunition is grossly overpriced relative to other cartridges that require the same or more materials to manufacture (think 7.62x39 or 308Win). Prvi may be getting back in to manufacturing it. I'm hoping S&B will as well.

I have two AK's and an AR15 chambered in 6.5Grendel. All three run 100% with the Wolf Military Classic 6.5Grendel ammunition. It's a good option if you don't need brass cased.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve been running the Hornaday Black 6.5 Grendel in my AR with great success. I need to try it Ruger bolt action rifle as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Factory ammo is out almost everywhere it seems. When you can find some:

* Hornady Black 123gr ELD-M for range/target shooting
    * Prvi Partisan 120gr (sometimes available at SGAmmo) for less-expensive blasting or hunting. It's clean-burning, fairly accurate bang-for-buck ammo.
    * Hornady SST 123gr for hunting medium game

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Due to a lack of foreign competition, brass cased 6.5Grendel ammunition is grossly overpriced relative to other cartridges that require the same or more materials to manufacture (think 7.62x39 or 308Win). Prvi may be getting back in to manufacturing it. I'm hoping S&B will as well.

I have two AK's and an AR15 chambered in 6.5Grendel. All three run 100% with the Wolf Military Classic 6.5Grendel ammunition. It's a good option if you don't need brass cased.
    Huh? I am finding grendel brass case same or less than 308. And currently more available.

It should be less than 308, but it's certainly not at a premium.

Feedback Score
    The cheapest that I can find brass cased boxer primed 6.5Grendel is $22/20rds plus shipping
    https://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.5mm-grendel?ca=brass&co=new

308Win can be had for $15/20rds delivered
    https://ammoseek.com/ammo/308-winche...a=brass&co=new

Before the ammo shortage, there difference was even greater. I was buying new brass cased 7.62x51 for a little over $10/20rds delivered. At that time, the price of brass cased 6.5Grendel was twice that.

308Win/7.62x51 should be more than 6.5Grendel. That's my point. There is a ton of foreign competition in the 308Win/7.62x51 arena. There's none in the 6.5Grendel arena. That is why the 6.5Grendel costs more.