Thread: Zev type Glock RMR Cut Slides

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Zev type Glock RMR Cut Slides

Who besides Brownells and Zev makes a Glock slide with the little posts that the mounting screws screw into? I am fairly new to the Red Dot pistol and I bought one of the Brownells slides to try and I really like it though it is pretty "basic" but their mounting system seems bomb proof, more so than the usual screw in attachment units. Anyone else make a slide like this? I guess it's called the "Zev Cut"?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Who besides Brownells and Zev makes a Glock slide with the little posts that the mounting screws screw into? I am fairly new to the Red Dot pistol and I bought one of the Brownells slides to try and I really like it though it is pretty "basic" but their mounting system seems bomb proof, more so than the usual screw in attachment units. Anyone else make a slide like this? I guess it's called the "Zev Cut"?
    I have dealt with both the Brownell's as well as the Zev slides. The Brownells slides are way rougher finished, and definitely fit the bill of a work-horse style aftermarket slide. You can even get them cheaper than Glock OEM slides nearly all of the time. They are rough, might have some milling chatter marks on the slide, but from my experience they work. RMR cuts seem to mount up well, with good fitament, and hold zero. No complaints there.

The Zev slides are more refined out of the box. Great milling, even finishing and you get that Gucci-Glock aesthetic. They 100% look better, and the Zev coatings hold up very well. I have their SOCOM slide for a DPP and it's my favorite slide I own. Good optic mounting as well. I don't see Zev getting much love for that, but the ones I have used mount up very snug.

I personally love the aesthetics on the Zev slides, but I think you could inspect a Brownell's slide and finish it with a really good completion kit and barrel and have same performance. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I have dealt with both the Brownell's as well as the Zev slides. The Brownells slides are way rougher finished, and definitely fit the bill of a work-horse style aftermarket slide. You can even get them cheaper than Glock OEM slides nearly all of the time. They are rough, might have some milling chatter marks on the slide, but from my experience they work. RMR cuts seem to mount up well, with good fitament, and hold zero. No complaints there.

The Zev slides are more refined out of the box. Great milling, even finishing and you get that Gucci-Glock aesthetic. They 100% look better, and the Zev coatings hold up very well. I have their SOCOM slide for a DPP and it's my favorite slide I own. Good optic mounting as well. I don't see Zev getting much love for that, but the ones I have used mount up very snug.

I personally love the aesthetics on the Zev slides, but I think you could inspect a Brownell's slide and finish it with a really good completion kit and barrel and have same performance. YMMV.
    The one I have now is mated to a Lone Wolf frame, completed it with stock Glock internals. I ran it all weekend at a Sage Dynamics Red Dot pistol class, 1000 rounds and not a single bobble of any kind. For the money, to see if it was something I was interested in etc...perfect test bed. Now with "proof of concept" I'm ready to spend some money. I really do like the Zev type mount vs. just a mill and drill like most of them you see. I'll probably end up with a Zev...just have to pick one....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Decided to go with AOS mounting plate system instead. That way when the RMR footprint becomes "so yesterday"- and it will, I can still use my slides with whatever the "latest and greatest" is. A little more expensive to have done, but probably longer term worth it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Decided to go with AOS mounting plate system instead. That way when the RMR footprint becomes "so yesterday"- and it will, I can still use my slides with whatever the "latest and greatest" is. A little more expensive to have done, but probably longer term worth it.
    Yeah but you just future proofed your optics, which is awesome. I was looking at getting a Unity slide for the very same reason. Let us know how that AOS system works out once you get it back. I'm definitely interested
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.