Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Mine goes to 11.
    We can be friends.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've noticed this on the Aimpoints that have come through our shop. It seems odd, to me, to have settings 1-8 be so dim. Is all of that meant just for night vision users?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenderAO View Post
    I hear you. Thankfully I had four older version T2 with the older (and better) circuitry. I don’t understand why they would make this change as it is a design regression. If I go for another T2 it will be sub 41K S/N which will mean used. 2.5 years and 10 months is quite the difference for the same performance.
    That's a good idea. I'm going to try to find a used T2 with a low S/N. Then I can sell my 46K S/N to someone for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I just got my first Aimpoint micro (though I have used them before) and noticed immediately how dim it is. Below 9 is completely useless.
    This is disappointing.
    That's how I feel too. The only time setting 8 is usable is when it's very dark and you're not able to see the target. The Comp M5 is worse because it has even less brightness settings and doesn't have setting 9. It jumps straight from setting 8 to setting 10. At least the T2 has setting 9, which is somewhat usable indoors on a cloudy day or at dusk (when it's not dark enough to require a weapon light).

Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    I've noticed this on the Aimpoints that have come through our shop. It seems odd, to me, to have settings 1-8 be so dim. Is all of that meant just for night vision users?
    Settings 1 though 4 are night vision settings. Settings 5 through 12 are supposed to all be visible settings but I can barely see setting 6 in a pitch black room. They might as well call setting 5 a night vision setting because I can't see it at all in a pitch black room even when my eyes have already adjusted to the dark.
    Last edited by teflondog; 10-06-20 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    I just got my first Aimpoint micro (though I have used them before) and noticed immediately how dim it is. Below 9 is completely useless.
    This is disappointing.
    I made this point months ago and people told me I was full of it. I sold mine for a70 dollar loss and went back to an EOTech and my t1 which is still awesome as hell

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I made this point months ago and people told me I was full of it. I sold mine for a70 dollar loss and went back to an EOTech and my t1 which is still awesome as hell
    It's funny because mine is an H2, which means that 3/4 of the settings are completely pointless. I don't understand why they did that.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Aimpoint Brightness Issues? Answered

Got my first T2 today and noticed that settings 1-8 were useless, 9 is barely useable, and 10 or 11 is what I’ll probably always have it on when in use. Kinda disappointed.
    Last edited by officerX; 06-05-21 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Got my first T2 today and noticed that settings 1-8 were useless, 9 is barely useable, and 10 or 11 is what I’ll probably always have it on when in use. Kinda disappointed.
    That's how my T2 is. These are the settings I use:

Setting 9: at night without a weapon light
    Setting 10: at night with a weapon light
    Setting 11: outside during the day
    Setting 12: outside under very bright sun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    That's how my T2 is. These are the settings I use:

Setting 9: at night without a weapon light
    Setting 10: at night with a weapon light
    Setting 11: outside during the day
    Setting 12: outside under very bright sun
    The older models are literally -1 for all of those settings getting more battery life and the same brightness. A miss from Aimpoint IMO

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenderAO View Post
    The older models are literally -1 for all of those settings getting more battery life and the same brightness. A miss from Aimpoint IMO
    Agreed. Makes me want to sell the one I’ve got and find an older one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12