Thread: Why Chinese?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Why Chinese?

I would REALLY prefer to stay American in weapons lights, but the Chicoms have us beat on size, convenience, mounting.

I am looking at a TLR 7 after buying a PL Mini 2 and cannot find something as to its advantage other than it fits my favorite holster (TLR 7).

Why cannot Streamlight, or someone American rip off the Chicoms and use their adjustable rail and mounting technique and get us off the crack?

I cannot use a compact TLR on my P99. The mounting level is trivial and doesn't come off, and I can put the easy to activate switch at any location wrt the trigger guard. C'man man - time to rip off the Chinese.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up a Baldr Mini for (PL-Mini 2 plus green laser) my wife's VP9SK. The adjustable rail and QD lever mount is very nice. I have taken it off a bunch of times to see how the laser maintains zero. Spot on so far. The 600 lumen beam is excellent for as small a reflector as it has.

I agree, if your going to charge more, you need to offer on par or better and it cannot be that much more.

The thing is, they all use the same LED tech. No flashlight manufacturer makes their own LED's. They buy them from LED manufacturers (like CREE) like all the rest do. So it's a body, a lens, and a reflector with an LED driver and battery.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 09-14-20 at 15:28.