Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock instructor Gen 4 to Gen 5 accuracy improvements

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gen 5s are like cheating.

I’ve been tempted to chase the aftermarket Glock barrel dragon but naw. May as well get a 1911 to do that if you just want accuracy.

Feedback Score
    I have a really accurate polymer striker fired pistol, and I like it... but for a range or match gun I will take an accurized 1911, 2011, or CZ. Big heavy all steel pistols might not be much fun to carry all day, but when it comes time to shoot one all day I’ll take the tuned all steel gun every time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hmmm pass.

I was gonna sell my gen 3 17 but I won a barsto threaded barrel and decided to keep it.
    Holy smoly batman..did that fix the accuracy dept.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Gen 5 has a number of changes besides the marksman barrel, trigger and deletion of finger grooves, such as the magwell and breech face cut that throws the brass out there!
    Also ambi slide release. the timing of the pistol is supposedly changed to accommodate magazines with fatigued springs. Definitely more changes than I mentioned. The ones I noticed most are the finish, frame mods and trigger

Feedback Score
    My gen 5 shoots almost as well as my kkm barrel in a gen4, But not quite.

Ejection is much better in gen5
    Flared magwell is beneficial.
    Ambi slide release is a plus for offhand shooting.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The breach face cut makes it an obvious choice for me, especially in the g19. No more moon shaped dents in my glasses
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    gen5 includes several tweaks that make it the most advanced Glock yet. If you're buying new, get a 5. If you have older versions that are meeting your needs you may or may not benefit from upgrading depending on your needs and what you're capable of. For example, if you can't hit a standard sheet of paper at 25yds the GMB isn't going to do anything for you yet.

The GMB and trigger attributes are commonly mentioned as reasons to upgrade to a 5. Others may suggest just upgrading older models with a new barrel or trigger kit. That is indeed an option, but those modifications can compromise reliability and quality options approach or exceed the costs to upgrade. Along with time/ammo to vet the gun.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The Gen 5 trigger is better and it also has ambidextrous slide releases. The trigger and barrel are the best upgrades.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Shot placement wins gun fights I will take more accuracy if I can get it.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Shot placement wins gun fights I will take more accuracy if I can get it.
    Thank you Jesus.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast