Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friend creates an accidental SBR

Feedback Score

Friend creates an accidental SBR

Buddy of mine just got his 1st AR which is a PSA pistol. He sends me a text with a picture of his pistol and a new stock on it. He says hey I didn't like the flimsy SBA3 stock it came with so I put this one on instead. He said if you want this SBA3 brace that I took off you can have it. I told him you can't replace the brace that came with it with a stock as you are creating an unregistered SBR. He said Ahhhh! I know not knowing isn't a defense but just curious how has this been treated if someone created an "accidental" AR?

Feedback Score
    People make mistakes. As long as he puts the brace back on or puts a 16” barrel on and doesn’t do something stupid nobody cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    People make mistakes. As long as he puts the brace back on or puts a 16” barrel on and doesn’t do something stupid nobody cares.

yeah I'm sure he will witch it back now. No problem in this case.. just made me think how easy it would be for someone with good intentions to have a mess. Is this really enforced.. like what if he had been pulled over on the way to range and the pistol was found.. just wondering where that would go realistically.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    yeah I'm sure he will witch it back now. No problem in this case.. just made me think how easy it would be for someone with good intentions to have a mess. Is this really enforced.. like what if he had been pulled over on the way to range and the pistol was found.. just wondering where that would go realistically.
    Theoretically I guess it’s possible, but law enforcement don’t normally look for things like that unless there has been some reason.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Depends where you are. In AZ, there's so much NFA stuff at the ranges, no one cares. Maybe in a "stick up the butt" environment, some uptight ass could make an issue of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Buddy of mine just got his 1st AR which is a PSA pistol. He sends me a text with a picture of his pistol and a new stock on it. He says hey I didn't like the flimsy SBA3 stock it came with so I put this one on instead. He said if you want this SBA3 brace that I took off you can have it. I told him you can't replace the brace that came with it with a stock as you are creating an unregistered SBR. He said Ahhhh! I know not knowing isn't a defense but just curious how has this been treated if someone created an "accidental" AR?
    Well, picture evidence of an NFA violation holds for either 3 or 10 years, I forget which. Now you've admitted to witnessing a crime and having knowledge thereof. You're both going to lose you dogs.

Honestly, it's a nothingburger until it's not. Then it's bad bad. Think stack charge.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    NFA laws restricting SBRs are like Fakedemic masks. Completely retarded and worthless, but every imbecile just accepts the nonsense in gargantuan group think fashion.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Well, picture evidence of an NFA violation holds for either 3 or 10 years, I forget which. Now you've admitted to witnessing a crime and having knowledge thereof. You're both going to lose you dogs.

Honestly, it's a nothingburger until it's not. Then it's bad bad. Think stack charge.
    I received a text with a picture of his gun and I recommended he change it back and told him why. I'd love to know what I did wrong and what should be done differently?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    What you did wrong was post this in a public forum. I suggest alerting your friend of the law and go about your life.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast