Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friend creates an accidental SBR

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You should call the ATF

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    While Euro has always had a... Demeanor? ... No, more: "Way of Putting Things" that tends to rub against people, I'm not gunna lie man, you're thread history from the last few weeks has been 99% "Perspective/Preference/Not really needed to make a whole thread over."

This is from someone who does a lot more lurking the last couple years than posting. Considering the value of true knowledge from a lot of folks, it seems like this one is more about: "Hey, my dumb buddy built an SBR and I edumacated him about it."

Common sense should prevail of: "Don't make no issue, it won't be no issue."

While I don't believe the ATF invests resources into tracking folks down on the internet without some sort of reason, why potentially give a reason over a post like this? Even if it is extremely improbable, it just seems a bit... Self-Serving. As your thread history shows, it's kind of a trend...
    So engaging in commentary in an AR oriented forum on an AR issue so others can engage and provide feedback is bad? Your idea is that if everyone would just lurk and not post this forum would be much more exciting. I bet the advertising $'s for digital ads would be better too if everyone just lurks..

Feedback Score
    This would be like going to www.americanmusclecar.org and posting about your friend sending you a video of them going 75 in a school zone and not getting caught. Or getting drunk, taking a picture of themselves with a Breathalyzer showing they’re over the state’s BAC level and therefore a DUI and driving.

Obviously people are going to say stuff like “Hey man that’s illegal” or “Hey man, no kids were harmed - I know what I’m doing behind the wheel of a car”, or “Hey I always drive drunk with no issues”. But asking “How seriously do you think a police officer would take that? I mean come on”.

Eh, probably a felony for the gun and maybe a felony for the speeding or loss of license for the DUI?

It’s really simple to abide by the law. Let the guys beat their chests about no one cares.

I knew a guy who posted on a forum who ruined his life and career because he bought machine guns and had them smuggled into the country (a guy named “Russian” on NFATalk.org). The ATF apparently really cares about the NFA being violated. How did you see this thread going if you’re disappointed in the responses?

God Bless,

Brandon
    Last edited by BWT; 09-15-20 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    What if I told you nobody actually pins their 14.5s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd say I do, so you're wrong, some people do pin their 14.5's. Based on the potential criminal penalties below I'd say not pinning your 14.5" or getting a 16" is in fact criminally stupid, but feel free to do whatever you want.

Since violations of the NFA are punishable by 10 years in prison, forfeiture of all devices or firearms in violation, and the individuals right to own or possess additional firearms in the future. In addition, there is a penalty of $10,000 for each of certain violations.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I was JUST about to post this!

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Buddy of mine just got his 1st AR which is a PSA pistol. He sends me a text with a picture of his pistol and a new stock on it. He says hey I didn't like the flimsy SBA3 stock it came with so I put this one on instead. He said if you want this SBA3 brace that I took off you can have it. I told him you can't replace the brace that came with it with a stock as you are creating an unregistered SBR. He said Ahhhh! I know not knowing isn't a defense but just curious how has this been treated if someone created an "accidental" AR?
    Dime him to ATF and collect reward!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So engaging in commentary in an AR oriented forum on an AR issue so others can engage and provide feedback is bad? Your idea is that if everyone would just lurk and not post this forum would be much more exciting. I bet the advertising $'s for digital ads would be better too if everyone just lurks..
    No, but, as your history shows, you continue to put words in people's mouths instead of just thinking before acting.

You claim Euro's advice was garbage, when he clearly made a point that you're overreacting and actually fulfilling the exact opposite of your intentions.

I think, in terms of "commentary in an AR oriented forum on an AR issue", as the original intention of this board is/was: To provide information to the people who need it and where the information isn't already available. As it should be to avoid a jumble of junk threads on recurring topics.

Considering you joined in 2010, you'd think you would remember all the threads, like the ones you've been posting, would be regularly removed and people warned about unnecessary clutter to the already thousands of educated/informational posts.

I was saying that I. As a lurker. Have seen you post threads that would otherwise have gone against that established mission. If you want to infer that I would be excited with everyone lurking, it just goes to show your superiority complex that every issue you encounter MUST be discussed versus just doing a damned Google search or Forum search.

I digress, it's not just you, but you're not innocent in your standoffish mentality and continuing to insult people who, in 99% of scenarios, have more hands on experience with an AR than the majority of us. Admittedly far more than I.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’ve made a genuine effort to get better about my way of putting things!
    At the current rate of the Forum, you've actually displayed a shite ton of restraint compared to when you would elect to ban yourself to keep your sanity.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-15-20 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    No, but, as your history shows, you continue to put words in people's mouths instead of just thinking before acting.

You claim Euro's advice was garbage, when he clearly made a point that you're overreacting and actually fulfilling the exact opposite of your intentions.

I think, in terms of "commentary in an AR oriented forum on an AR issue", as the original intention of this board is/was: To provide information to the people who need it and where the information isn't already available. As it should be to avoid a jumble of junk threads on recurring topics.

Considering you joined in 2010, you'd think you would remember all the threads, like the ones you've been posting, would be regularly removed and people warned about unnecessary clutter to the already thousands of educated/informational posts.

I was saying that I. As a lurker. Have seen you post threads that would otherwise have gone against that established mission. If you want to infer that I would be excited with everyone lurking, it just goes to show your superiority complex that every issue you encounter MUST be discussed versus just doing a damned Google search or Forum search.

I digress, it's not just you, but you're not innocent in your standoffish mentality and continuing to insult people who, in 99% of scenarios, have more hands on experience with an AR than the majority of us. Admittedly far more than I.

ETA:

At the current rate of the Forum, you've actually displayed a shite ton of restraint compared to when you would elect to ban yourself to keep your sanity.
    With the great contribution you are making to the forum I endorse you becoming a 100% lurker. I'm not at all standoffish.. If you post insulting drivel I may respond likewise.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With the great contribution you are making to the forum I endorse you becoming a 100% lurker. I'm not at all standoffish.. If you post insulting drivel I may respond likewise.
    At least I understand when I don't have a contribution to the forum to make.

On the contrary, I'm far from insulted. The commentary and posts in this thread say far more about you, than I.

Feedback Score
    At least I understand when I don't have a contribution to the forum to make.

On the contrary, I'm far from insulted. The commentary and posts in this thread say far more about you, than I.

Alex I will take Heru has never been in the military, doesn’t make a 6 figure salary and is sadly obese for 10k

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast