Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa, OK, slain officer Bodycam. *NSFW* hard to watch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That’s just unrealistic. You make it seem like State law is more of a suggestion than anything people are actually accountable to.
    For a handful of groups state laws generally aren't even much of a suggestion. If anyone really gives a crap about law being the rule for society then laws need to be universal including aiding and abetting instead of exemptions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    For a handful of groups state laws generally aren't even much of a suggestion. If anyone really gives a crap about law being the rule for society then laws need to be universal including aiding and abetting instead of exemptions.
    Oh no. Please don’t try to make this seem like some Rosa Parks thing.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh no. Please don’t try to make this seem like some Rosa Parks thing.....
    Not sure where Rosa Parks came in to it, but feel free to explain why the unwashed masses should be "subject to" all laws while a handful of select groups shouldn't be?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Not sure where Rosa Parks came in to it, but feel free to explain why the unwashed masses should be "subject to" all laws while a handful of select groups shouldn't be?

Anyways...back to the tactics and lessons learned

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As a Citizen, wow, I guess be a bit proactive and thank my Son for buying me that Sap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    As a Citizen, wow, I guess be a bit proactive and thank my Son for buying me that Sap.
    I’m a citizen too. It’s just, every time this happens. Police encounter a piece of shit and it goes bad somehow and now everybody thinks the police are some super club where they can do whatever or something and then rationalize ways for the police to do patently stupid shit like “Aw just drive the drunk home”, “Aw just let the tow guy deal with it”, “so what if he’s carrying a gun and cocaine. That’s freedom”, “So what if he’s illegal? No human is illegal. I bet he’s a good roofer”.

I never got my secret club card. I get raped in taxes, I caught a couple speeding tickets my damn self, and I get routinely told “it’s between shit and syphilis”

The facts are:

Shitstick broke the law
    Shitstick had a record
    Shitstick refused to comply with reasonable commands
    Shitstick fought police killing one
    Shitstick didn’t seem to feel too bad about it.

I mean, it’s up there with me saying “just let them have the TV. You can buy another one” or “Well your daughter WAS wearing a pretty short skirt when she was dragged info them rape bushes”

It’s not the fvcking tag. It’s the fact that if he will plan, proceed, and prevail to kill over a fvcking ticket then what do you think he will do to anybody else?

We live in a world with streets. On those streets are men with guns. Some of them don’t care who you voted for, what god you pray to, or your thoughts on society. They just see you as a mark. And will ahoot you when your back is turned. Then there are those who, as a job, try to stop those men. And sometimes you don’t make it easy for them.

Do you know where honor is? It’s between heartbreak and hysteria.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Threads like this are proof that email, texting, and forums are a shit way to communicate and I would venture most folks are closer in opinion then it seems at times.

Watching the video, we all knew how it would end because we read the title. Going into it, you're angry. This ****ing sucks. Some shit stain killed an officer. I hope he fries and rather quickly.

But I'm watching it a 2nd and 3rd time and that's where I wanted to ask why did it get that far, how often does this it get stupid like this, and what other options are there. Officers get hands on. Again, I think it sucks for all involved, but law enforcement is often very unattractive. But I have to question are there other options during interactions like this and so many of the other ones we're watching.

This guy was being a dick. As much as I wanted to bitch slap him, being a dick is a relatively minor offense. Is a beat down where this needs to go? Up until the taser shot, it's failure, and when it got physical, if you didn't know what was going to happen at the end, was there really anything there that warranted going hands on? I don't think that's an unfair question.

That's why I brought up the idea of calling the wrecker and stopping the conversation. He's being an asshat. Don't engage with asshats. Tell the guy we're done talking, call the tow truck. Supervise the tow truck hook up, and if the guy still won't cooperate/get out, have it booted instead. Tow truck driver goes away to wait for his next call and the officer write the guys the tickets/summons. Loser gets to walk home or call a friend. If at some point, the moron does get out and tries to intervene, well now we DO have something beyond a license and registration violation. Things may very well and most likely should get ugly at that point.

We just had a more recent video where a black family in a rideshare watched the father get proned out and beat in the street. He was the passenger in a vehicle with a broken tail light. Driver didn't have ID. Officer demanded the passenger show ID and get out of the car. Passenger questioned the officer, why he the passenger, was being involved. Guy got out and then we have his beat down to watch. Why did any of that have to get physical?

Good shoots are good shoots. Sometimes a beat down is the answer. Pain compliance is a very useful in an officers arsenal.

As much as I would like to go to bed knowing it was all justified, we all know that's not true, never was true, and never will be true. And because of that questions get asked.
    Can you link me to a tow company in Tulsa that will tow off a PD tow sheet a car that is still occupied by an uncooperative?

Can you send me a video of a safe way to boot a vehicle that is occupied by an uncooperative?

Feedback Score
    I’m a citizen too. It’s just, every time this happens. Police encounter a piece of shit and it goes bad somehow and now everybody thinks the police are some super club where they can do whatever or something and then rationalize ways for the police to do patently stupid shit like “Aw just drive the drunk home”, “Aw just let the tow guy deal with it”, “so what if he’s carrying a gun and cocaine. That’s freedom”, “So what if he’s illegal? No human is illegal. I bet he’s a good roofer”.

I never got my secret club card. I get raped in taxes, I caught a couple speeding tickets my damn self, and I get routinely told “it’s between shit and syphilis”

The facts are:

Shitstick broke the law
    Shitstick had a record
    Shitstick refused to comply with reasonable commands
    Shitstick fought police killing one
    Shitstick didn’t seem to feel too bad about it.

I mean, it’s up there with me saying “just let them have the TV. You can buy another one” or “Well your daughter WAS wearing a pretty short skirt when she was dragged info them rape bushes”

It’s not the fvcking tag. It’s the fact that if he will plan, proceed, and prevail to kill over a fvcking ticket then what do you think he will do to anybody else?

We live in a world with streets. On those streets are men with guns. Some of them don’t care who you voted for, what god you pray to, or your thoughts on society. They just see you as a mark. And will ahoot you when your back is turned. Then there are those who, as a job, try to stop those men. And sometimes you don’t make it easy for them.

Do you know where honor is? It’s between heartbreak and hysteria.
    Somebody here needs to write a book.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The only thing that has gone right about 2020 is FF returning to this forum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    The only thing that has gone right about 2020 is FF returning to this forum.
    That's for sure. Always an interesting and thought provoking perspective....with a dose of caustic humor.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast