Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Tulsa, OK, slain officer Bodycam. *NSFW* hard to watch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=jpmuscle;2885291]Who gives a sh*t. The application of violence isn’t pretty even if applied in semi-professional context.

I actually had a girlfriend break up with me after an incident at her work where suspects were getting thrown around and slammed against walls and the ground until a couple troopers and myself could effectively break up a fight between two groups totaling about 10 people. After I was finished with the incident I went back to her work to finish the discussion we were having before the fight about where we were going for dinner. She broke it off without any explanation. About a year after all this went down I ran into her and asked her what happened. She told me it scared the shite out of her to see me go from nice and flirty with her to slamming bodies, then back to normal. Said it was like a light switch being turned on and off.

A Utah K9 officer was just charged with felony assault and the department’s use of K9s stopped after the officer had his dog bite the leg of a suspect who was told to “Get on the ground, All the way down” then was warned he was going to be bit. The suspect got on his knees and told the PO “I’m on the ground” in between the time he was ordered all the way down, multiple times, an warned he was going to get bit. I think the incident stemmed from a domestic and the suspect was stalking the DV victim after she took out a restraining order.

Violence never looks pretty...that’s why it’s called violence and not beauty. Now no more K9s for this department. Of course the video I watched clearly stated the races of the PO & suspect.

So no biting, striking, OC, CS, taser, or guns. Might as well tell cops if the suspect is defiant in any way...just let them go, no matter what they are doing. That seems to be what these activist groups want.

Of course, then you have the Minneapolis city council that just a month or two ago voted to completely ABOLISH its PD, then started taking their funding away. I believe it was a unanimous vote. Over 100 officers left the department since the vote. Now THE SAME city council just held a meeting demanding answers from the PD Chief as to why the murder and violent (and probably all others) crime rates have skyrocketed! You can’t make up this stupidity.
    Last edited by john armond; 09-18-20 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Do they still teach the brachial stun? Hit them hard with either the heal of the hand or forearm and it will definitely put them out of it for a few seconds- enough time to get them under control. They used to teach this at the academy (albeit almost 30 years ago) and we used to hit each other at about half speed and it would still ring my bell. The few times I used it on the street it worked like a charm.
    Not much stun hits 20 years ago when I went through. More hand and arm, baton, control techniques. Pain and manipulation as to moving people along with certain holds and take down moves that could rip a shoulder pretty nicely.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    [QUOTE=john armond;2885325]
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Who gives a sh*t. The application of violence isn’t pretty even if applied in semi-professional context.

I actually had a girlfriend break up with me after an incident at her work where suspects were getting thrown around and slammed against walls and the ground until a couple troopers and myself could effectively break up a fight between two groups totaling about 10 people. After I was finished with the incident I went back to her work to finish the discussion we were having before the fight about where we were going for dinner. She broke it off without any explanation. About a year after all this went down I ran into her and asked her what happened. She told me it scared the shite out of her to see me go from nice and flirty with her to slamming bodies, then back to normal. Said it was like a light switch being turned on and off.

A Utah K9 officer was just charged with felony assault and the department’s use of K9s stopped after the officer had his dog bite the leg of a suspect who was told to “Get on the ground, All the way down” then was warned he was going to be bit. The suspect got on his knees and told the PO “I’m on the ground” in between the time he was ordered all the way down, multiple times, an warned he was going to get bit. I think the incident stemmed from a domestic and the suspect was stalking the DV victim after she took out a restraining order.

Violence never looks pretty...that’s why it’s called violence and not beauty. Now no more K9s for this department. Of course the video I watched clearly stated the races of the PO & suspect.

So no biting, striking, OC, CS, taser, or guns. Might as well tell cops if the suspect is defiant in any way...just let them go, no matter what they are doing. That seems to be what these activist groups want.

Of course, then you have the Minneapolis city council that just a month or two ago voted to completely ABOLISH its PD, then started taking their funding away. I believe it was a unanimous vote. Over 100 officers left the department since the vote. Now THE SAME city council just held a meeting demanding answers from the PD Chief as to why the murder and violent (and probably all others) crime rates have skyrocketed! You can’t make up this stupidity.
    Sounds like you dodged a failed relationship on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Not much stun hits 20 years ago when I went through. More hand and arm, baton, control techniques. Pain and manipulation as to moving people along with certain holds and take down moves that could rip a shoulder pretty nicely.
    We had all that too (“pain compliance” was the term used) including strikes to stun. The straight arm bar takedown was a technique I became very proficient at and used many times while on patrol.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The latest academy I went through was a joke. During the “attack” I performed basically a straight arm bar takedown. The instructor wanted to know what the hell I was doing. I said I had control of him and in the real world would place him in cuffs...if they actually let us use them in the class, which they didn’t, I would have put them on then. The instructor told me he didn’t want to see me do that again, and my response should have been to knock the “suspect” down then get out of there until more personnel could get there to do the cuffing. I questioned the instructor as to why I should relinquish control of a combative suspect. He told me what I was doing wasn’t what was being taught. Now this was a technique I learned in BLET in 1997 and had used numerous times on the street, and it worked.

The next time I was given the same attacker scenario I instinctively did the same move. The instructor then yelled at me that if I did it one more time I would be kicked out of the class and if I did it during the DT “exam” portion I would fail and be sent home.

The response the DT instructor was looking for was jokingly referred to as the “Nike Response” by the class.
    Last edited by john armond; 09-18-20 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like you dodged a failed relationship on that one

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post

Last edited by titsonritz; 09-19-20 at 21:56.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    The latest academy I went through was a joke. During the “attack” I performed basically a straight arm bar takedown. The instructor wanted to know what the hell I was doing. I said I had control of him and in the real world would place him in cuffs...if they actually let us use them in the class, which they didn’t, I would have put them on then. The instructor told me he didn’t want to see me do that again, and my response should have been to knock the “suspect” down then get out of there until more personnel could get there to do the cuffing. I questioned the instructor as to why I should relinquish control of a combative suspect. He told me what I was doing wasn’t what was being taught. Now this was a technique I learned in BLET in 1997 and had used numerous times on the street, and it worked.

The next time I was given the same attacker scenario I instinctively did the same move. The instructor then yelled at me that if I did it one more time I would be kicked out of the class and if I did it during the DT “exam” portion I would fail and be sent home.

The response the DT instructor was looking for was jokingly referred to as the “Nike Response” by the class.
    I just threw up in my mouth.

Please, PLEASE tell me that this was a Women's Own the Night Rape Avoidance Academy, hell, a Mall Cop Academy....

Not an academy for Lawmen.

Please.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashAxe View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth.

Please, PLEASE tell me that this was a Women's Own the Night Rape Avoidance Academy, hell, a Mall Cop Academy....

Not an academy for Lawmen.

Please.
    Nope. An actual "Federal Law Enforcement" academy. I am using quotes because after working on the street for so long, I don't consider what I do now to actually be law enforcement. My credentials say "Law Enforcement Officer" on them, I get the law enforcement salary and retirement, but I am mostly doing inspections now. At least half to 3/4 of the people I work with don't understand what actual law enforcement is. Of the 1/4 that do, I'm not sure how many I believe would make it as cops.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718