Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Feedback Score
    I didn’t say they were unreliable, I said they’re gutless.

The 6.2L has literally no disadvantages in comparison aside from a minuscule difference in fuel economy. If that difference in fuel consumption is cost prohibitive for you then I hate to tell you this but you’re too poor to be buying a vehicle with either engine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I don't use Consumer Reports but what is the scam?
    Consumer reports is like TOS- a place for people to go and be cheerleaders to make them feel okay about their buying decisions.

For instance- Behr paint is shite compared to other paints out there, but consumer reports ranks it #1 and there are tons of fanboys preaching that it’s gold.

Consumer reports is a total joke.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been driving Tahoes at work since 2007. All year models from 2005 to current. We did have issues in the 08-12 models that came from problems from long idle time could with the cylinder deactivation system. Other than those years they have been pretty reliable vehicles, and I'm not a GM guy.

The new generation 5.3 I wouldn't call gutless. Its not fast, but it isn't slow either. I've been in pursuits with them.

Overall I'm a Toyota guy, but I'd buy a Tahoe if I wanted one.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    We had a Sequoia for a couple years. Great truck, lots of power. Had a thimble for a fuel tank so it had zero legs. If you didn’t need the third row of seats it was great. Lots of cargo capacity. If you did need the third row, zero cargo capacity.

We replaced it with a 2011 suburban and it is by far the best truck I’ve ever had. I can put 7 people in it, luggage for a week and still have room. Runs down the highway like a Fleetwood. Long legs. Comfy. And GM aircon is the best you’ll ever find.

However, if Chevy is off your list get a 4Runner. Too bad they don’t offer them with a V8 anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Infiniti QX80 owner here. Got it used (2015 year) and so far have been pleased. It’s the “limited” trim level, all the options. Retails new for over $85k. So glad I waited and got it used. The 5.6 seems very strong but has the usual terrible gas mileage. Premium gas is recommended but I have put 87 in it and it seems to work just fine. Longer highway trips I can get around 400 miles on a tank, short hops around town.....lucky if I get to 300. Very comfortable and the kids like the movie screens and the heated rear seats. Buying used has its pros and cons but so far it’s been a great vehicle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Sure your TOYota is put together in the USA. The line worker slapping on bumpers may make $12 an hour. The engineers are making the real money.

All of the real costs are in Japan and you are paying for platforms and power trains that are famously old..
    Nah, the 3.5L 2GR-FKS V6 made its debut in 2015 in a Lexus before they started rolling it out into everything, Highlander, Sienna, Tacoma, etc. It has Toyota’s D4S Direct injection self cleaning system, it’s pretty modern engine tech. But yes, I will agree that the 5.7L V8 in the Tundra, Sequoia and Landcruiser is stupid old at this point.

Feedback Score
    Stupid old at this point? Yes. When introduced in 2007? The 3UR-FE was class leading and as reliable as an anvil pretty much from roll out to now.

Again the Toyota powertrain strategy for decades is spend the money and time up front to develop a world class product, and then build it for a long time.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Infiniti QX80 owner here. Got it used (2015 year) and so far have been pleased. It’s the “limited” trim level, all the options. Retails new for over $85k. So glad I waited and got it used. The 5.6 seems very strong but has the usual terrible gas mileage. Premium gas is recommended but I have put 87 in it and it seems to work just fine. Longer highway trips I can get around 400 miles on a tank, short hops around town.....lucky if I get to 300. Very comfortable and the kids like the movie screens and the heated rear seats. Buying used has its pros and cons but so far it’s been a great vehicle.
    My wife's been looking to upgrade from our Audi Allroad and has been looking at the Q7. I'll tell her to throw the QX80 in the mix. I love my Q50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    My wife's been looking to upgrade from our Audi Allroad and has been looking at the Q7. I'll tell her to throw the QX80 in the mix. I love my Q50.
    It’s nicely appointed and comfortable. Worth looking at for sure.

Feedback Score
    Why would sonar parking sensors on 4Runners be only available with the Limited? You can get the collision, radar cruise control, lane departure and remote start on pretty much every model- but parking sensors only in the Limited? This will be driven a lot by my kids, and I'm not going to put them in a car with out the parking sensors.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast