Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

You would think I would know better - having grown up in Detroit!
    There's a reason most folks there hated Fords and drove GM:). Well - my wife’s 1 year old Ford Escape IS ON IT’s THIRD ENGINE!!!!!! So tomorrow we start shopping for a new ride - mid-sized SUV.
    Nissan or Toyota (or maybe Honda?). She travels a LOT - so if nothing else, who has more dealerships out there - just in case her luck continues:). Any good feedback on specific models?
    TIA

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m a Toyota fan. Have had multiple 200k + mile SUVs from them and will continue to buy. The only negative is the poor gas mileage of their V8s. We had a V6 Limited model 4wd 2007 4-Runner and it got 22 mpg hwy in 2wd. My 2000 landcruiser gets 13 mpg city, 17 mpg hwy, which sucks. But I love it. My wife’s 2017 Lexus GX460 gets about 20 mpg hwy. Love it too.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Generally in SUV’s Toyota is the go to in any class for trouble free long term ownership.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Generally in SUV’s Toyota is the go to in any class for trouble free long term ownership.

^^^ This, and I own a full size GMC pickup and a Chevy Traverse currently. I would stay away from Nissan, the CVT's are horrible. My wife had a 2009 Rogue that 2 replaced under warranty, where the car sat in the shop for multiple weeks, and then we bought a Altima that got almost 40mpg, but the transmission went out on that too and we ended up moving on from Nissan all together.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Toyota, Honda, or Subaru.

We have had at least one of each. Currently have a Subaru Forester, Toyota Tacoma, and a Nissan Titan. The Titan has been a great truck with 150k trouble free miles. The Subaru has been a great car for my wife. We are ready to replace it, as hers is an 09 with 120k. She had a CRV before, and for the most part it was great. The Toyota Highlander was a great vehicle, but watch the newer ones. They went to a 10spd trans in 2013, and it has had some growing pains. The 2012 Highlander is the one to get. They sell for a premium, and sell fast!

As mentioned, Nissan has had some real problems with their CVT's. I did rent a Rogue when in LA last Christmas, and it was a nice vehicle to drive, even in the crazy LA freeways!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just picked up a CRV with AWD, my last car was a 2009 Mitsubishi Galant so it’s like going from an Atari straight to a PS5. My wife has an Outback and I feel like the CRV is more spacious inside and has better visibility.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Toyota all the way. 4Runner and Land Cruiser are the only ones 100% made in Japan.

A 4Runner is kind of a BCM of SUVs. Nissan would be your M&P Sport.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a 2005 Land Cruiser. It's just broken in with 205k on it. Fuel economy blows big time. I'd drive it anywhere and any distance without a second thought as long as I knew there were gas stations. My vote is Toyota.

Feedback Score
    Toyota Honda or Subaru. All will do a great job. Hyundai and Nissan are throw away cars. Mitsubishi is even worse.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Toyota all the way. 4Runner and Land Cruiser are the only ones 100% made in Japan.

A 4Runner is kind of a BCM of SUVs. Nissan would be your M&P Sport.
    So you are saying that Toyota's don't drive straight?

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast