Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

You would think I would know better - having grown up in Detroit!
    There's a reason most folks there hated Fords and drove GM:). Well - my wife’s 1 year old Ford Escape IS ON IT’s THIRD ENGINE!!!!!! So tomorrow we start shopping for a new ride - mid-sized SUV.
    Nissan or Toyota (or maybe Honda?). She travels a LOT - so if nothing else, who has more dealerships out there - just in case her luck continues:). Any good feedback on specific models?
    TIA

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m a Toyota fan. Have had multiple 200k + mile SUVs from them and will continue to buy. The only negative is the poor gas mileage of their V8s. We had a V6 Limited model 4wd 2007 4-Runner and it got 22 mpg hwy in 2wd. My 2000 landcruiser gets 13 mpg city, 17 mpg hwy, which sucks. But I love it. My wife’s 2017 Lexus GX460 gets about 20 mpg hwy. Love it too.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Generally in SUV’s Toyota is the go to in any class for trouble free long term ownership.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just picked up a CRV with AWD, my last car was a 2009 Mitsubishi Galant so it’s like going from an Atari straight to a PS5. My wife has an Outback and I feel like the CRV is more spacious inside and has better visibility.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Toyota all the way. 4Runner and Land Cruiser are the only ones 100% made in Japan.

A 4Runner is kind of a BCM of SUVs. Nissan would be your M&P Sport.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a 2005 Land Cruiser. It's just broken in with 205k on it. Fuel economy blows big time. I'd drive it anywhere and any distance without a second thought as long as I knew there were gas stations. My vote is Toyota.

Feedback Score
    Toyota Honda or Subaru. All will do a great job. Hyundai and Nissan are throw away cars. Mitsubishi is even worse.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mazda, Toyota or Kia. Honda and Hyundai are not what they used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Toyota. Period.

Don’t expect the latest tech from them and you won’t experience the headaches that go along with new tech either.

I recently borrowed a newer Chevy Tahoe while my Sequoia was in the shop for a heater blend door replacement- I usually do my own work but didn’t have the time to dismantle the whole center console And dash to do the replacement myself- I loathed every minute driving that Tahoe.

Without getting into details, the 2010 Sequoia was light years ahead of the 2017 Tahoe in so many ways. Just every aspect and little detail.

That’s not even getting into longevity and overall performance.

I’ve had limited experience with Nissan, and although they are fairly good, don’t even go there. Just go Toyota and you’ll thank yourself.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've owned three Nissan's since 2001. My newest one is a 2015 Altima. It is a POS. The quality of Nissan has declined greatly. They recently lost a class action lawsuit due to transmission problems. I know your question concerns SUVs but some of those vehicles share components with the mid-size sedans such as the Altima. I would stay far away from all things Nissan. Especially if the vehicle has a CVT transmission. I purchased a Toyota van last summer. Couldn't be happier.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast