Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi57 View Post
    Great story, Mrbreiler.

I built a new 2021 XC40 online and with all the add-ons I wanted it was $6-7K more than the CX5 so I talked myself out of a test drive! I'll bet it is a sweet driver.
    A new 2021 was out of our budget, but I was able to track down the clean 2019 with decent miles that kept us where we needed to be. The CPO program is solid and for a few extra $, we have factory coverage to 2028 so I'm feeling comfortable about it.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I made enough money on selling 9mm and 5.56 ammo in the last three months, I decided it was time for a new ride. Decided on a 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE Premium trim AWD. I narrowed it down to either a Honda CRV or a RAV4. While I preferred the looks of the RAV4 just a little more than than the CRV, I also wanted an engine with no turbo and no CVT tranny. The RAV4 has an 8 speed automatic tranny and gets 29 mpg.
    While the power of the RAV4 and Honda CRV are adequate for most people, you won’t be winning many races with them, but *to me* their 29 mpg more than makes up for it. I have only had it for three weeks, but so far I really like it and have had no issues with it or regrets about my choice. It was the right choice for me.

Last edited by Biggy; 04-25-21 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Might wanna redact your license plate, there.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Had a few rental RAV4s, likely 2020s. Really liked them.
    At the time, I was daily driving a 2018 Honda CRV.
    You choose well.
    I found the ergonomics on the RAV4 to be way well refined for me. They didn’t look great at first to me, but a few hours in... Impressed. Good handling, good acceleration and overall a refined ride that felt bigger than actual vehicles’ size.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a '08 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 185,000 miles and shows no sign of slowing down. So Toyota for me all the way. I like the looks of the Jeep but since it's a Chrysler it's a non-starter. My brother in law really likes his Mazda's but they don't make a truck like SUV. If I suddenly had to replace the FJ it would be with something Toyota.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Nice camouflage.

Feedback Score
    Nissan or Toyota- Not the OP, but we got really close to a 4Runner, but the lack of an AWD option and some of the advanced, and even simple safety like parking sensors on all but the Limited 4Runner killed it. Lots of high speed driving here in CO with spotty ice and snow coverage, so we needed full time 4wd that would handle 50mph +.

Ended up with a Jeep Sahara with the Sky roof and the Selec-trac and pretty much every option. Had to order it, so it will be awhile. This will be our 3rd car, and mainly for the kids to move themselves around.

I was rooting for a 4Runner for long lived, the Jeep will probably end up being a toy for us after the kids leave.

If we got a 4Runner, I was thinking about a 392 Jeep, but since we are getting a Jeep, I'll look at the next gen 4Runner.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Nissan or Toyota- Not the OP, but we got really close to a 4Runner, but the lack of an AWD option and some of the advanced, and even simple safety like parking sensors on all but the Limited 4Runner killed it. Lots of high speed driving here in CO with spotty ice and snow coverage, so we needed full time 4wd that would handle 50mph +.

Ended up with a Jeep Sahara with the Sky roof and the Selec-trac and pretty much every option. Had to order it, so it will be awhile. This will be our 3rd car, and mainly for the kids to move themselves around.

I was rooting for a 4Runner for long lived, the Jeep will probably end up being a toy for us after the kids leave.

If we got a 4Runner, I was thinking about a 392 Jeep, but since we are getting a Jeep, I'll look at the next gen 4Runner.
    What are you talking about? The 4runner is equipped with selectIon of- 2WD, 4WD HI and 4WD LO.

4HI can go any speed the truck can go.

You may have misinterpreted the instructions of the system only being able to engage and disengage below 50 MPH.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Big difference in 4wd and AWD. 4wd hi on dry road could damage all kinds of parts during a turn.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

recently sold our 2016 4runner it replaced a 2007 FJC
    now driving a VW Golf wagen which is more what we are doing these days taking kids around and not as much off roading also I was for years heavy into expedition camping and had a conqueror trailer from South Africa etc... but these days more into ultra light and trying to get further back as so many are into the overlanding thing and are sadly trash people in general as in no cat holes in the BLM areas and leave trash all over do not care etc... not all because there are some awesome people but the new ones seem to be this way so going to do more hike in and get away as they are to lazy to walk a few miles
    also the wagen can haul our camping stuff since its smaller lighter than it used to be quite easily

I hear ya on the AWD I worked a season at Vail and then Breckenridge teaching boarding way back in the day and AWD anyday over 4WD

to me some of the new AWD rigs are so good for general use and superior for daily ALSO so much land is so accessible with good grading and so on around us the true 4D use is limited to places that are the destination as in just to go 4 wheeling not needed to get to places anymore I feel

I keep thinking I kinda want to put money instead into a nice trailer and a side by side to do any FUN off roading and if it breaks tow it back to trail head trailer it back home and not kill my daily driver the new side by sides the top end ones are freaking insane to insane travel some are setup as crawlers now !! and with the money I had into my FJ and started to with the 4RUnner you can buy a nice side by side and its more made for that kinda stuff

I am not a jeep guy but I do like them and the one nice thing is tons and tons and tons of aftermarket and forums and support so solid option bet its going to be a blast to have had to look up the sky roof thing as I had not heard of that seems pretty slick that is the one thing the 4 runner sun roofs are a joke and I do miss my old jeep style of my old FJ40 I used to love the more open feel so again looks awesome congrats on new rig

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast