Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A guy I know (not real well) has the new style (not sure of year) 4Runner that's AWD. I didn't believe it till I saw it. It's kinda like the Lexus GX

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    My wife has a 2018 Toyota Highlander. It goes very well in bad weather (just had it out in 6+ inches of snow). It has been 100% reliable. We have owned Toyota’s for quite a few years. The Highlander gets 26-27mpg on our road trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    We have a similar vehicle. This is our first Toyota. It's been great so far.
    I think the wife is ready to get rid of her Audi Allroad and get a Highlander. I rented a 2020 recently and it was nice. I was pleasantly surprised. I also consistently got around 27MPG on the Highway.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    A guy I know (not real well) has the new style (not sure of year) 4Runner that's AWD. I didn't believe it till I saw it.
    A 4WD 4Runner with a selectable center differential can operate in a mode that is effectively AWD. Was this one AWD only?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a 96 TACO that has 315,000 miles and runs like a top. Its kinda sad to say, but Toyota is kind of the road in this market you are looking.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-11-21 at 14:38.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Agreed. Wife bought an X5 about 5 years ago. The 'salesman' was just a set-up man for the financing guy, where all the goodies were offered. That was all cash too, so the 'finance' guy was really just the cashier. With out a trade in or a loan, there isn't much to screw around with. Ordering is nice in some ways because you get what you want, but it isn't like the deal is totally settled yet. Supposedly, it can only go down if new incentives come in, since there are no incentives on right now (besides 36month 0%), but it isn't like I'm out the door with a title or final paperwork.

People doing all the research and knowing what the want and what they'll pay is probably a pain for them, but probably not as much as someone that doesn't know anything about the car, takes a couple of test drives, has to have the options explained to them over and over and then wants the car for crazy low price.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have a 96 TACO that has 315,000 miles and runs like a top. Its kinda sad to say, but Toyota is kind of the road in this market you are looking.

PB
    The Yodas were my first choice- thinking that my son could keep the car through college and into his first job, maybe keep as a fun car after that. It just didn't work out. Part of it was the feature set and near antique status of the drivetrain was out of date and soon to be updated. The other was the kids will have the rest of their lives to drive 4 door SUV/cars, have a little fun.

The other is that I've been Jonesing for a Jeep Wrangler since I couldn't afford one when I bought my first new car back in 95, and ever more since the Unlimited. Maybe will spark more outdoors activities here in CO.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    A 4WD 4Runner with a selectable center differential can operate in a mode that is effectively AWD. Was this one AWD only?
    Its the limited model. Full time AWD. The article mentions 2016

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...runner-review/

"The Toyota 4Runner remains what it has always been, an SUV with pickup-truck DNA. It has a solid rear axle and body-on-frame construction. Order four-wheel drive, and you get a two-speed transfer case with a low range in the SR5 and Trail models. (The Limited gets a full-time all-wheel-drive system with no low range.)"

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Dodge Durango Citadel Hemi

/thread
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I pushed my timeline up for my eventual overland project SUV and pulled the trigger for a few reasons.

Interest rates are low right now and I see this coming to an abrupt end in the near future.

My wife has metastasized spinal cancer and I am trying to make things as comfortable for her as possible. The 2012 Pathfinder, although with 104,000 miles and still running strong...was too harsh a ride on those unexpected bumps sometimes.

My spidey sense is tingling and I need to get things done earlier than later to be on th safe side.

Oh, scored a sweet fully loaded 2014 LX 570 with less than 90,000 on it for a little above $36,000 (with the trade in...I didn't steal it...lol)

Interior is immaculate. Man, it is a pretty sweet ride.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-14-21 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Well, I pushed my timeline up for my eventual overland project SUV and pulled the trigger for a few reasons.

Interest rates are low right now and I see this coming to an abrupt end in the near future.

My wife has metastasized spinal cancer and I am trying to make things as comfortable for her as possible. The 2012 Pathfinder, although with 104,000 miles and still running strong...was too harsh a ride on those unexpected bumps sometimes.

My spidey sense is tingling and I need to get things done earlier than later to be on th safe side.

Oh, scored a sweet fully loaded 2014 LX 570 with less than 90,000 on it for a little above $36,000 (with the trade in...I didn't steal it...lol)

Interior is immaculate. Man, it is a pretty sweet ride.

nice not sure if I ever asked you on expedition portal forum ?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast