Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Feedback Score
    All the Toyota real SUVs are on their last years. 4Runner is way past due for a new model, but I don’t see a new one coming until late 2021, at the earliest. It’s 10 years old. Sequim’ s and Land Crusiers are much younger. That said, we are probably going to buy one in the spring. They get crappy mileage due to have a ancient 3 speed transmission , but most of the bugs are worked out and it has a lot of the safety features in the 2020 models.

Explorer is new. Jeep Grand Cherokee is due for a new model soon, Wranglers are pretty new- but who knows when you can get a Bronco. The big GM suvs are new.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lexus GX 460. You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was in the same boat last summer. Basically I was told to stay away from CVT in general, unless you plan to lease.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    None of the above. Buy American.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I owned a 2007 Pathfinder that I drove for 275k miles with zero major problems, just standard maintenance. I traded it in last year for a 2015 Xterra and hope to get the same. A sample of one but still a sample. However, I do not like the current rendition of the Pathfinder as I think it is ugly and just a SUV bodied Maxima.
    Last edited by flenna; 09-16-20 at 07:28.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    None of the above. Buy American.
    I do low voltage type work and have done a bunch for the Toyota plants here in the US. They make the engines for the Tacomas and Tundras in Huntsville AL, and have a huge plant in KY for full assembly of some cars (don't remember which ones.) They employ a ton of Americans and have a great environment. They are non-Union.

I also bid on some work for GM and lost it to the local union electrician who bid 5x my number. My 4Runner also got a ticket while parked on the GM property because it was a foreign car.

Unionized American auto manufacturing is a disgrace.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Generally in SUV’s Toyota is the go to in any class for trouble free long term ownership.

^^^ This, and I own a full size GMC pickup and a Chevy Traverse currently. I would stay away from Nissan, the CVT's are horrible. My wife had a 2009 Rogue that 2 replaced under warranty, where the car sat in the shop for multiple weeks, and then we bought a Altima that got almost 40mpg, but the transmission went out on that too and we ended up moving on from Nissan all together.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I do low voltage type work and have done a bunch for the Toyota plants here in the US. They make the engines for the Tacomas and Tundras in Huntsville AL, and have a huge plant in KY for full assembly of some cars (don't remember which ones.) They employ a ton of Americans and have a great environment. They are non-Union.

I also bid on some work for GM and lost it to the local union electrician who bid 5x my number. My 4Runner also got a ticket while parked on the GM property because it was a foreign car.

Unionized American auto manufacturing is a disgrace.
    If it wasn't for the unions and wanton waste a loaded F150 or Silverado would cost $25k. I worked at a tier 1 supplier to all the major OEM's and saw first hand how they flush money down the toilet on a regular basis.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Toyota, Honda, or Subaru.

We have had at least one of each. Currently have a Subaru Forester, Toyota Tacoma, and a Nissan Titan. The Titan has been a great truck with 150k trouble free miles. The Subaru has been a great car for my wife. We are ready to replace it, as hers is an 09 with 120k. She had a CRV before, and for the most part it was great. The Toyota Highlander was a great vehicle, but watch the newer ones. They went to a 10spd trans in 2013, and it has had some growing pains. The 2012 Highlander is the one to get. They sell for a premium, and sell fast!

As mentioned, Nissan has had some real problems with their CVT's. I did rent a Rogue when in LA last Christmas, and it was a nice vehicle to drive, even in the crazy LA freeways!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Toyota all the way. 4Runner and Land Cruiser are the only ones 100% made in Japan.

A 4Runner is kind of a BCM of SUVs. Nissan would be your M&P Sport.
    So you are saying that Toyota's don't drive straight?

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast