Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    Lexus GX 460. You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This, with the V8 it is an awesome ride.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    Lexus GX 460. You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    This, with the V8 it is an awesome ride.
    Damn, that GX is F-Ugly. What is up with that grill? If it looked like a 4Runner, I’d pay the $10k Premium for the V8 and six speed trans... That grill looks like something out of a Bond movie, made to make some talk or get cheese grated...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    If it wasn't for the unions and wanton waste a loaded F150 or Silverado would cost $25k. I worked at a tier 1 supplier to all the major OEM's and saw first hand how they flush money down the toilet on a regular basis.
    This is why GM was trying to push production to Mexico for the last 7 years, and obviously had this plan thwarted by the 2016 election. You have to give it to Mercedes and Subaru with US plants in the US that are non-union. They pay the end worker more knowing that they don't have to deal with the BS of unions.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    So you are saying that Toyota's don't drive straight?

Hahaha. Sure, "straight enough for close work."

Feedback Score
    We just went through this. I would be looking at Toyota, Honda, Mazda, and Kia

You would be surprised how nice some of the newer Kia suv's are. Not the Kia of old. The Sorrento and Telluride are really nice..A girl at work just bought a sportage and it is sharp as well. Reviews are really good on these. We ended up going a different route, but i would look at them

Toyota isnt the newest tech, but make reliable vehicles. We looked at the RAV4 and hybrid version

Ultimately went with a Mazda CX5 and my wife really like s it so far. I wanted the CX9 as it is a little bigger, but she wanted the gas mileage of the 5.

Feedback Score
    Hank is right. I’ve been an MB guy for 20 years because I used to be a dealer tech. We’ve had great luck with all those, and my wife is on her second GL which is made in Alabama. The first one made it 160k miles and I did tires, brakes, and maybe 2 small unscheduled repairs. Before we got the second, I looked long and hard at other brands that had 3 row seating and Toyota/Lexus kept coming up. Drove a Nissan and the wife drove an Infiniti QX something or other for a couple days and hated it. I’m still interested in the Landcruiser/Lexus equivalent because of the durability. We aren’t “Gotta have the new hotness” technology gurus so latest and greatest isn’t necessary. But having 100% dispatch reliability is important. Having a decent getaway vehicle is too, so it’s gotta have decent performance too(my wife has to drive to different branches often and has been in areas affected by riots).

To sum up, of the options you laid out, Toyota. I don’t see a budget so don’t know if you are buying new or used but look at what some of the used ones go for. Many are close to what you can buy a new one for and you’ll be getting a vehicle that hasn’t been molested yet.

Edit: I just saw the OP is from the same state as me. If you want/need a recommendation on dealers let me know. I spent many a year in the industry.
    Last edited by Gabriel556; 09-16-20 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Toyota 100%. Runner up is Chevy/GM.

I've owned a Nissan SUV, a Honda Pilot and two other Hondas, and two Suburbans... of those the Suburban has been the best by far, INCLUDING for reliability and durability. Twice.

Only reason I haven't owned a Toyota SUV is that I need a full-size and their Sequoia lacks headroom for anyone over 5'10". You can't delete the sunroof and it was apparently designed only for women and short people. However, with my experience with Suburbans I would still go that route even if I fit in a Sequoia. The midsize category is different and the RAV and Highlander both look pretty good, assuming you don't need an off-road vehicle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    From my sample of two, I’d be leery of Mazda. My MIL has a CX5 and shortly after getting it she was at my house and when she went to leave it wouldn’t start, gave her a warning message that it was too hot to start.

After I totaled my Galant a few weeks ago I started out with a Jeep Gladiator rental but swapped it for a CX5 because the Jeep has horrible gas mileage. While on the freeway in the Mazda I heard a loud bang and the car started pulling hard to the right. Was able to get over to the shoulder just fine thinking it was a blown tire but on inspection all the tires were fine. When I got back in the car I saw warning messages basically saying the front collision detection sensor/ system was malfunctioning. I didn’t hit anything in the road or anything. Was about 113 out at the time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Currently using the old family 4Runner (2002) as a second car for hauling dirt bikes, camping, and light off road. It’s only got 112k so it’s a baby. Hasn’t given the family any trouble aside from a leaky AC on one hot 10hr drive.

The interior in that car is light years better than my 2012 Subaru. Mechanicals are all solid.

If it’s for your wife and is going to be mostly town/highway I’d go with a Highlander. If you want some 4x4 capability go 4Runner. The Land Cruiser is the grail but it’s large and expensive.

Feedback Score
    That Telluride is supposed to be pretty sweeeeet. My brother really likes him.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast