Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV shopping - Nissan or Toyota

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Get the pro. Resale value is insane. You’ll be able to sell it basically for what you paid for it in a few years and upgrade to the new 4runner if you like.
    This.

I have a 2019 4Runner TRD PRO that I had to order and wait a while for, but it wasn’t really difficult and I paid just under MSRP. You may be able to get a few more discounts on the other models, but mine is getting close to two years since I picked it up and I checked the blue book value the other day and it’s the same as what I paid for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I drive a 4Runner and the wife drives a Nissan Armada. The Armada has a LOT more, creature comforts, but I like the 4Runner better for its Spartan interior.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Beam pattern is important but I believe factory lights are still legally limited to 150kcd?
    They are but high beam in Tacoma is really good after the 2020 update. Puts the light way out there. Wish we could get the Porsche active laser headlights from European models—would drive major changes across industry. I guess it’s our legal/safety framework that’s out of date.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Toyota
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Probably going to go try to find a Lexus GX 460 here next month, see if I can find a CPO 2018 or 2019.

Since Toyota won’t sell the Land Cruiser Prado here as a Toyota, Prado in Lexus duds it is.

Feedback Score
    You will like the Lexus. AWD and nicely appointed inside.
    The only real downsides are the premium gas and poor gas mileage.

Feedback Score
    I suspect the compression ratio of the 4.6L 1UR-FE doesn’t actually require premium fuel.

I already daily a 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L and our other car is a 2015 Chevrolet SS. So we’re no strangers to less than stellar mileage, and really I don’t care much about it.

Feedback Score
    A quick check shows the 4.6L 1UR-FE has an identical 10.2:1 static compression ratio to the 5.7L 3UR-FE in the Tundra. You don’t need to use premium fuel with a modern fuel injected engine running 10.2:1 compression. The same 4.6L was used in the Tundra and didn’t need premium fuel.

Incidentally the heads are also identical, so identical combustion chambers, bore diameter is identical at 94mm. The 3UR-FE gets the extra displacement through a longer stroke. I’ll bet the pistons are identical too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    If you can hold off a year next generation 4 runner supposed to be out end of 2021 as a 2022. Big changes, more power, better gas mileage. Supposedly still on a truck frame.
    We need a car in a next few months. Kid at a HS 15 miles away, and we are tired of dragging him back and forth. I also worrry about a 1st year new model. I know that he'll be able to keep this 10 years if he wants. Or after he gets out of college, use it as second car/dedicated 4x4.

When you get a moon roof and KDSS on a Venture 4runner, or put rims on a Off Road/Premium, you are about $5k from a full TRD PRO. As long as we don't get gouged on a PRO, it does make sense. As the last year of the model, I'm guessing the resale will hold pretty good. Funny to think that we could be driving a '2010' tech SUV in 2030...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Went to a Toyota dealership today. What an underwhelming experience. They don’t even sell cars.

We walked out to the forerunners, talked models for about 30 seconds. He got a pair of keys and the keys and then said goodbye. Didn’t even give us a walk around the car or anything.

He didn’t even want to sell me a TRD pro. He said they’re expensive and then they add on 5 to 10 grand.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast