Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool for making 300 Blackout cases from 5.56 brass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Tool for making 300 Blackout cases from 5.56 brass

I assume there are several folks making brass for 300 BO here. Understand there is a chop saw (for lack of a better description) available to make the rough cut just below the shoulder.

I will probably be making up a thousand cases from LC 5.56 brass I have laid in.

thanks

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It’s a mini chop saw from harbor freight. Get spare blades while you are at it.

And a few years ago a guy made a jig that held a 223/556 case at the right length in the HF chop saw for cutting them quickly and close to the correct length. You’ll have to look into finding that guy again. I think he charged $30 for the jig.

And I would recommend using a magnifying glass to inspect the primer pockets and that they do not have a crimp when hand picking your 1,000 cases that you intend to cut. Cases with crimps pose a problem for seating primers. Grab several extra cases as there will be mess ups in cutting, resizing, trimming, primer seating and even final bullet seating.

Do you have a 300blk load in mind?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    There is a Harbor Freight in town. Will try and check on that tomorrow and also get extra blades.

I have a good supply of pulled 173 gr. Match Bullets I thought I would load. Quick Load indicates I can get 1600+ FPS from a 16" BARREL. I am thinking of getting a Remington 783 or a Ruger Ranch Rifle. I have a good variety of powder numbers laid in so I should be able to get something going.

thanks for info.

Feedback Score
    Here’s one on EBAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153503378086
    $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I almost bought that one but I found out about a squirrel daddy that seemed to get less chance of your other hand getting involved with the saw blade. I will be going to Harbor Freight in the AM. Thanks much for the info.

Feedback Score
    Sure thing. Let me know how you like the squirrel daddy. I’ll be doing the same thing this Winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    https://www.squirreldaddy.com/Brass-...p/sd24-104.htm

GO TO ABOVE AND THERE IS A DEMO TAPE YOU CAN SEE. yOU CAN DO A CASE ABOUT EVERY 5 SECONDS OF SO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That mini chop saw is trash. I bought one for cutting brass and it took a crap very quickly. didn't even waste my time and effort into returning it/exchanging it. Lesson learned.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    You are referring to chop saw at Harbor Freight going down on you I assume?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you plan on getting a progressive press or if you already have one, the Dillon rt1500 case trimmer and 300blk tool head is by far the most efficient/consistent option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast