Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock 19 gen 5 barrel damage

Feedback Score

New Glock 19 gen 5 barrel damage

Just bought a new gen 5 Glock 19 shot it 4 the first time at my local range using Federal ammo factory made 200 rounds. Took it home to clean and this is what I saw. Attachment 63762Attachment 63763
    Clearly unacceptable quality from the factory. I'm not here to bash Glock I've owned at least 10 over the years and kept most of them. I've never seen this before. My guess it's a lemon or more likely because of panic buying the QC slipped a little because they are trying to put out as many guns as they can. Anyway I took it back to my LGS to send it to Glock. I'm sure they'll make good on it. But frustrated none the less.
    Sorry for the poor quality of my phone. Just putting this out there
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 09-16-20 at 18:10.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not sure what I'm looking at. I see powder and lead residue on the crown coming out of the grooves in the rifling. Honestly, it's hard to tell from the pics.
    Last edited by georgeib; 09-16-20 at 19:45.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Maybe just delete this thread. Sorry
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Maybe just delete this thread. Sorry
    Maybe.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    My guess is he he didn’t know that the gen5 has a crown and maybe he saw that and and thought it was cracking. I don’t know but my gen5 45 has some rusting around the crown. Great gun though

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I appreciate reports like this. (I wish I had seen more warnings about Faxon barrels before I purchased one.)

You need something larger at the same distance from the camera lens as the end of the barrel is, so that it can focus easily. Try laying it on that wooden table with the damage closest to the table surface, and lighting it as needed with a lamp or flashlight while you take the photo. The camera should focus on the table and the barrel will be close enough to also be in focus.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My Gen 5 seems to look the same. The Gen 5 crown is different from all of the other Glock generations. The picture is not clear enough to see any burrs. How did it shoot? If the crown was seriously screwed up you would notice it. David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    My Gen 5 seems to look the same. The Gen 5 crown is different from all of the other Glock generations. The picture is not clear enough to see any burrs. How did it shoot? If the crown was seriously screwed up you would notice it. David
    It shot fine, actually the first time I had 3 failure to go into battery, but it was cheap Federal champion 115gr. So I figured shitty ammo, because I had no issues afterwards. But the dealer agreed it looked damaged. I have a 19x It has the same barrel with the crown, it shot at least 2000 rounds it didn't look like that
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Again I'm not here to bash Glock. I own multiple glocks I would still trust my life with them they are extremely reliable obviously.
    It was probably a lemon. Im pretty sure it's damage not carbon because it looked like steel underneath that was flaking.
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Again I'm not here to bash Glock. I own multiple glocks I would still trust my life with them they are extremely reliable obviously.
    It was probably a lemon. Im pretty sure it's damage not carbon because it looked like steel underneath that was flaking.
    I had a spot flake off to on the edge right above the crown and it started rusting. Now I am starting to wonder if this will be a bigger issue in the coming months and years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast