Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Glock 19 gen 5 barrel damage

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I had a spot flake off to on the edge right above the crown and it started rusting. Now I am starting to wonder if this will be a bigger issue in the coming months and years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think so. Like I said my 19X has the same barrel no issues after a couple years and a couple thousand rounds, " knock on wood"
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Early on in pics, I noticed, and I think I even asked on here quite some time back, about external wear on the barrels, very noticeable at 200-300 rounds on some guns.
    Ive seen pics of Gen5 barrels with more wear at 500 rounds than any of mine with over 10000.
    Myself- Im sticking to my Gen 3's & Gen 4's.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    My guess is he he didn’t know that the gen5 has a crown and maybe he saw that and and thought it was cracking. I don’t know but my gen5 45 has some rusting around the crown. Great gun though
    No I'm well aware of the crown. Like I said I have a 19X which has a crown too definitely not showing wear or damage like the new 19 I bought
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Early on in pics, I noticed, and I think I even asked on here quite some time back, about external wear on the barrels, very noticeable at 200-300 rounds on some guns.
    Ive seen pics of Gen5 barrels with more wear at 500 rounds than any of mine with over 10000.
    Myself- Im sticking to my Gen 3's & Gen 4's.
    I've seen wear on the outside, not on the inside
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    I don't know what happened there's 2 threads on this I posted some how? If there's a moderator who can delete or merge them? Sorry
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    No I'm well aware of the crown. Like I said I have a 19X which has a crown too definitely not showing wear or damage like the new 19 I bought
    Ok didn’t mean to offend. Disregard my comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What did Glock say when you contacted them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    What did Glock say when you contacted them?
    I didn't contact them. I sent it back through my LGS
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Well. I'm an idiot. The gunsmith at my range took a look at the barrel and cleaned it and scrapped off the part that look steel underneath and it was just build up from the ammo. In my defense he initially thought the same thing. So moderators please delete I apologise. Everyone there's no issues with the gen 5 barrel. Just an issue with me
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 09-19-20 at 13:35.
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glad you got it sorted out. I have one of the first G19-5, G19X, and G45. All Gen5 barrels and no problems. I did not notice any improvement in accuracy with Gen5 over my Gen2, 3 and 4 pistols.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast