Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Glock 19 gen 5 barrel damage

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you for posting the resolution.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Glad you got it sorted out. I have one of the first G19-5, G19X, and G45. All Gen5 barrels and no problems. I did not notice any improvement in accuracy with Gen5 over my Gen2, 3 and 4 pistols.
    Thanks. I see subtle improvement in accuracy at distance.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update, sounds like some dirty ass ammo!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Thanks for the update, sounds like some dirty ass ammo!
    Yeah cheap ass Federal champion
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Cheap ammo often equals more cleaning, there is nothing free in life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Cheap ammo often equals more cleaning, there is nothing free in life.
    True.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    If it makes you feel any better even reloading my own ammo this is an issue. Fast burning powders like Winchester 231, Alliant Bullseye, and other economical target pistol oriented powders are usually dirty and sooty as hell. So if I want to stretch the powder for as many rounds as possible and throw small charges and use a powder like that, I get to clean more often. Nature of the beast. In the current climate I can find cleaning solvents, but smokeless powder and primers are getting tough to find, so more frequent cleaning is a small price to pay.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Early on in pics, I noticed, and I think I even asked on here quite some time back, about external wear on the barrels, very noticeable at 200-300 rounds on some guns.
    Ive seen pics of Gen5 barrels with more wear at 500 rounds than any of mine with over 10000.
    Myself- Im sticking to my Gen 3's & Gen 4's.
    You are missing out then.

The Gen5 Glock is the best they’ve ever made. It has the nicest trigger and is the most accurate and has the nicest grip. It’s smooth and reliable with no BTF.

But yeah if some silver colored metal wear on the barrel bothers you then definitely stick with a Gen3. Also never buy a Nighthawk or other quality made 1911.

Feedback Score
    LOL finish wear on the barrel OD as a reason to not buy a pistol?

So... what this guy wants is a pistol with so much clearance at the muzzle end of the barrel and slide that basically no firm contact is made between the two parts? Yeah good call, because avoiding finish wear to the OD of the barrel is far more important than consistent lock up and locating of the muzzle when the slide is in battery.

If I have a pistol that isn’t shooting well one of the first things I check for is how tight the barrel hood and muzzle are in the slide when in battery, and whether there are noticeable wear in surfaces. If there’s no wear and shit rattles around all loosey goosey that combo is not going to shoot.

If he’s so worried about it, there’s this thing called lubricant, funny enough it reduces friction a lot along with unnecessary wear to finishes and dimensions. I recommend treating your quality firearms to lubrication if you want them to perform well for as long as possible.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 09-20-20 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    I couldn't care less about wear on outside of the barrel, but. The Gen 5s do show more wear i.e. smile on the barrel

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    ~Tench Coxe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast