Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Barr=Rock Star

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Bill Barr=Rock Star

I happened upon this article @ Drudge this morning, I was pleasantly surprised and impressed.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...n-15573598.php

Attorney General William Barr delivered a scathing critique of his own Justice Department on Wednesday night, insisting on his absolute authority to overrule career staff, whom he said too often injected themselves into politics and went "headhunting" for high profile targets.
    "What exactly am I interfering with?" he asked. "Under the law, all prosecutorial power is invested in the attorney general."
    Barr said it was he, not career officials, who have the ultimate authority to decide how cases should be handled, and derided less-experienced, less-senior bureaucrats who current and former prosecutors have long insisted should be left to handle their cases free from interference from political appointees.
    Barr said that argument, in essence, means "the will of the most junior member of the organization" would make decisions, but he insisted he would not "blindly" defer to "whatever those subordinates want to do."
    "Letting the most junior members set the agenda might be a good philosophy for a Montessori preschool, but it is no way to run a federal agency," Barr said.
    The attorney general, the nation's top law enforcement official, spent much of the speech eviscerating the idea of the Justice Department as a place where nonpolitical career prosecutors should be left to decide how sensitive cases are resolved.
    Barr said, throughout history, prosecutors have sought to "amass glory" by prosecuting prominent people, and he regularly witnessed that phenomenon during his supervision of the Justice Department.
    "I'd like to be able to say that we don't see head hunting in the Department of Justice," Barr said. "That would not be truthful. I see it every day."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A coincidence?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rock on...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bar...s-matter-props

Attorney General William Barr accused the Black Lives Matter movement of using the issue of Black people shot by police as a tool for a larger political agenda instead of sincerely trying to help those they claim to support.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How are Federal prosecutors related to local, elected prosecutors who answer to States Attorneys General?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    How are Federal prosecutors related to local, elected prosecutors who answer to States Attorneys General?
    Well, just my take on it but;
    For a number of years we've been asking "How do they continue to get away with it?" I would guess local and State Justice Officials are infected with the same sort of bias as AG Barr is finding within the Justice Department.
    The few places that have imposed maximum bail for violent rioters are seeing a real effect on how riots suddenly disappear. rumors of Barr asking for Sedition charges are popping up now.
    Of course in Seattle and Portland and perhaps a few other places it would take Federal Agents to make those arrests in order for AG Barr to place those charges, but I don't think that's far away.
    It certainly explains a lot about politics and crime over the last eight years.

Of course any mention of Soros in all of this is not allowed, no matter where the money came from.
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-17-20 at 10:56.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That’s cool and all, but Barr is largely responsible for this surveillance state.

Feedback Score
    I see lots of talk and no action. Almost like an election is near or something.....
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    That’s cool and all, but Barr is largely responsible for this surveillance state.
    Yeah Barr is pretty swampy himself.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Durham indictments or shut up. I'm encouraged in what he says, but he has to deliver- and before the election. You can't take 4+ years after the fact to show that there was a soft coup running against a POTUS. The closer to the election, the more it looks political.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 09-17-20 at 12:05.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Bill Barr has done nothing. But wake me up when all those indictments finally happen. Who cares what he says?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast