Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Barr=Rock Star

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Bill Barr has done nothing. But wake me up when all those indictments finally happen. Who cares what he says?
    Bingo.

Feedback Score
    Listen, when he first came in I thought he was going to be a closet Never Trumper Bushie fifth column A-hole. He at least says out loud what we are all thinking of, and that drives the left nuts. How much they attack him shows how effective that he is. The worst thing he has said in regards to Trump is that Trumps tweets about DOJ and Barr make his job harder- and that is true. It ended up being a half news cycle and that was it. For some reason, even Mattis seems to think Trump is more dangerous than the mob on the left. That is just bat crap crazy.

Barr's bum-rush on Mueller's report and the Russian Impeachment trap was worth the price of entry and a sold lifetime achievement award. He just now has t get some scalps...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can’t tell if Barr is slow rolling it or is serious but doesn’t want to admit how hard it is to overcome the obstruction at the working level of DoJ.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    He's not done digging though the pile of shit.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Bill Barr has done nothing. But wake me up when all those indictments finally happen. Who cares what he says?
    EXACTLY!

So far all I see is a lot of talk and little of anything else.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    He's not done digging though the pile of shit.
    If he finds the pony after the election, it is worthless....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    My guess is the “swampy” comments are coming from folks who very little expertise to offer on this topic.

My first run in with the USDOJ Civil Rights Division was very eye opening... They acted like they were kings of their own fiefdoms. Pretty much because they were. They owned their area of the law, holding entire states hostage. Not popular to say amongst the uneducated, but Chief Justice Roberts created a huge amount of freedom.

Barr ran the DOJ as a younger, more conventional man. He got pulled back into a rough situation but also knew exactly what be was doing, more than any other modern Attorney General. Throw around labels all you want, but no one is more able to correct at the creations of Janet Reno and subsequent AGs than Bill Barr. His sedition comments are making the career prosecutors, including the National Security Division, go bananas. That is how the Comey-era excesses get addressed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Not popular to say amongst the uneducated, but Chief Justice Roberts created a huge amount of freedom.
    Please elucidate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Please elucidate.
    Bill Barr also restarted federal executions. Not all his effort, but deserves credit. I am personally opposed, but the AG believes in the rule of law.

John Roberts gets all kinds of criticism but he has been influential. Shelby County v. Holder has been one of the most consequential and controversial during his leadership and was clearly because of his leadership. Roberts led the discussion that ended 50 years of non elected attorneys who had “preclearance” authorities over the Voting Rights Act-supervised states to determine what could or could not be state law. What was a 1964 effort to enforce the 14th Amendment became a situation where the 14th Amendment was being denied in the 21st Century depending on which state you live in. The Voting Rights Act was re-examined by Roberts, allowing voter ID laws and other electoral efforts to be handled by elected legislatures, not federal bureaucracy at DOJ.

Back to Barr, he seems seriously pissed about the whole Comey situation and what eventually led to the Trump Impeachment (2019). I cannot believe we have heard or understand the entire story. Bill Barr is indignantly righteous about the entire series of decisions were riddled with serious errors - perjury, false prosecution, etc. He seems intent to fix as much as he can - understanding that he doesn’t really direct the FBI Director and even only has tenuous direction over the politically appointed US attorneys.

In other words, don’t hate the playa, hate the game. He is probably the best AG any of us will see in our lifetimes. The way the DOJ bureaucracy leaks and undermines him indicates they fear him.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To be honest the FBI has been a serious pain in the ass in many ways since it's invention.
    You start off with J. Edgar Hoover as Director and in many, many ways WTF did you expect was going to happen?
    You end up with Gay Lurch F'ing everything up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast