Thread: Redi-Catch

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Redi-Catch

I just discovered the Redi-Catch and I really like the idea. However I cannot find any recent threads about it. Where can I read about the pros/cons of this item?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I just discovered the Redi-Catch and I really like the idea. However I cannot find any recent threads about it. Where can I read about the pros/cons of this item?
    I have two. Three, actually, but only two installed. Pro is that it works exactly as intended, most of the time. Which is great for locking the gun back to show clear, or to clear the sorts of stoppages in which you have to drop a mag. In fact, I had two goofy stoppages with my PCC last night and kinda wished I had one.

Cons: on one of them, it sometimes snags and does not snap back when I release the button. This has not occurred while inserting a mag, just something that has occurred while using it administratively. Said lower also has a very tight magwell and doesn’t drop PMags. So there may be some kinda tolerance stacking or something. I’ve thought about hitting the applicable edges with some sandpaper. Also the mag release button spring may be a little on the light end, maybe I’ll try swapping it one day.

On the other, the S-shaped spring pops out from behind the bolt catch occasionally. I’m sure I can fix that easily, but haven’t tried yet. Again, maybe a tolerance stacking thing.

Neither of these inspire a great deal of confidence, but perhaps they will be easily remedied. I want them to work well. The Radian lower with this feature already built in works well.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using mine in my DD and KAC and I have not had any issues. Ive been running it decently hard in classes and in NV classes. It really comes in handy.

I have the bolt release on my DD but I never use it. Im going to remove it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Been using these for a few years now on several rifles. The issues mentioned by 1168 can happen. What I've found is that excessive pressure on the mag release(that is pushing the button hard/deep) can cause the mag catch to hang up on the receiver, or for the S spring to pop over the bolt catch.

The Redi Catch is great for clearing type 3 stoppages. The biggest plus in my opinion is that the Redi Catch doesn't interfere with normal operation of either the mag release or the bolt catch. In the event the S spring fails or pops off the bolt catch, the bolt catch functions normally.