Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor Legal Questions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    you can't "unSBR" an SBR by putting a longer barrel on it and take it out of state or by putting on a brace instead of a stock. it's still registered as an SBR lower until it's destroyed or taken out of the registry, then it becomes a rifle lower.
    Pretty much ALL wrong.

1) You can "unSBR" it just by separating the upper from the lower.
    2) There is no such thing a "rifle lower" It is just a lower.
    Last edited by Renegade; 09-18-20 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    you can't "unSBR" an SBR by putting a longer barrel on it and take it out of state or by putting on a brace instead of a stock. it's still registered as an SBR lower until it's destroyed or taken out of the registry, then it becomes a rifle lower. if you take it out of the registry, then you can't magically say i want ti to be an SBR again unless you pay the $200 and wait again. you can't loan out the lower to anyone not on your trust because it's still an SBR. it's like saying, "my serialized tube that i paid $200 for permission to have isn't a suppressor anymore because i took the baffles out".
    You’re 50% wrong and 50% right

- you CAN throw on a 16” upper on a SBR lower and travel interstate without form 20.

- you CAN’T “put on a brace instead of a stock” on an SBR and travel interstate.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post

- you CAN throw on a 16” upper on a SBR lower and travel interstate without form 20.

- you CAN’T “put on a brace instead of a stock” on an SBR and travel interstate.
    This is correct...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    This is correct...
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A form 4 SBR? You're correct.

A form 1 SBR that started out as a rifle, also correct.

A form 1 SBR that started out as a pistol, you're incorrect. You can put the brace back on and it's back in title 1 configuration and you can travel interstate with it anywhere you can take a pistol without notifying the ATF or filing out any forms.

Feedback Score
    Not adding anything to this. The fact that there are so many legalities with this crap infuriates me and it’s no wonder people get confused. Thanks for all the info as I just received first suppressor and also am waiting for my form 1 sbr to come back.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

But you can put a short barreled upper from your SBR on a pistol lower [different lower from the registered SBR] and travel across state lines in that configuration, leaving the engraved/registered lower back in the home state, right?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    But you can put a short barreled upper from your SBR on a pistol lower [different lower from the registered SBR] and travel across state lines in that configuration, leaving the engraved/registered lower back in the home state, right?
    correct

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    A form 4 SBR? You're correct.

A form 1 SBR that started out as a rifle, also correct.

A form 1 SBR that started out as a pistol, you're incorrect. You can put the brace back on and it's back in title 1 configuration and you can travel interstate with it anywhere you can take a pistol without notifying the ATF or filing out any forms.
    You sure about that?

Have you not manufactured a rifle and thus negate ability to return it to a pistol with a mere “stock/brace swap?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You sure about that?

Have you not manufactured a rifle and thus negate ability to return it to a pistol with a mere “stock/brace swap?
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/can-...tering-firearm

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...stols/download

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Suppressor Legal Questions

The first link is irrelevant to the question.

I didn’t read the multiple pages in the second link.

The question was...
    can a manufactured short barrel rifle be reconfigured as a pistol by simply swapping stock to a brace.

I don’t believe so as it’s a rifle lower, but am not certain.
    Last edited by R0CKETMAN; 09-24-20 at 04:51.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast