Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question About New Bolt Carrier Group from BCM

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    G96 is govt/"military" issue CLP.
    The stuff BCM uses that they’ve said is G96 doesn’t smell like mil issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    I just went through that whole thread & think I'll stay away from mentioning the amsoil gun lube I'm running...sensitive topic.
    Your gun lube is more expensive than my fancy French synthetic motor oil. LOL!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The stuff BCM uses that they’ve said is G96 doesn’t smell like mil issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    G96 is touted to have NSN.
    But I never bother spending extra for mystery snake oil. Just use whatever clp is on sale or mobil1.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Remember, lube and cleaners are like religion and politics, one can be too far to the left and right. People can get down right retarded over this stuff. That's why when people ask me what I use the directed answer was "any product designed and intended for use on firearms" --next, which would be "what do you use?" Whatever is free

IIRC Bravo Co used to include a note with the insert and the ring that said shoot the rifle with just the spring, if it doesn't work, add the insert, if that doesn't work add the ring, if that doesn't work--contact us. Of course that was with the expectation that the end user would clean and lube the gun prior to shooting and use quality ammo. My guess is they know or expect the average idiot to buy Crap ammo and not clean/lube so they at least know the gun will have lube at critical points if they add the grease/lube
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Remember, lube and cleaners are like religion and politics, one can be too far to the left and right. People can get down right retarded over this stuff. That's why when people ask me what I use the directed answer was "any product designed and intended for use on firearms" --next, which would be "what do you use?" Whatever is free

IIRC Bravo Co used to include a note with the insert and the ring that said shoot the rifle with just the spring, if it doesn't work, add the insert, if that doesn't work add the ring, if that doesn't work--contact us. Of course that was with the expectation that the end user would clean and lube the gun prior to shooting and use quality ammo. My guess is they know or expect the average idiot to buy Crap ammo and not clean/lube so they at least know the gun will have lube at critical points if they add the grease/lube
    Thanks for the great information. You can close this one down if you want, question asked and answered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12