Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About New Bolt Carrier Group from BCM

Feedback Score

Question About New Bolt Carrier Group from BCM

I just got home and in the mail was my shiny-new BCM Bolt Carrier Group. It was literally shining from the oil on it, or whatever it is they use when they ship it. What intrigued me is that the cam pin was liberally coated with grease, a light yellowish color, so much that it was kind of running out of the top and from the bolt itself inside the carrier where I could see the cam pin entering the bolt.

Any idea what this grease and why the cam pin was packed in grease like this in the BCG?

Just curious and wondering if it is a grease I should be regularly using on the cam pin like this.

I've been saving up to put together a BCM. I picked up a blem lower a while back and then the upper I wanted came back into inventory on BCM and with this BCG I'm good to go with my new BCM for just under $1250, which these days I comfortable with. I spent a lot of time here reading up on BCM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWill1776 View Post
    Any idea what this grease and why the cam pin was packed in grease like this in the BCG?

Just curious and wondering if it is a grease I should be regularly using on the cam pin like this.
    The oil is G96, but I don't know what the grease is. Lube it with whatever works good for you. Packing it in this grease likely protect the cam pin on the shelf and prevents scratching it with assembly.

You see, gun customers are often retarded. If a single scratch is on the piece, they're posting that they got a used item all over the internuts.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

I just love the look, the smell, the feel of a nicely machined piece of steel!

G96? I'll have to check that out. I've never heard of it.

Feedback Score
    OK, so I have another question. It came with a tiny little zip lock bag with an O-Ring with this note:

"Enclosed Crane O-Ring to be installed on 5.56/.223 uppers with a barel length of less than 14.5" and on all 300 Blackout uppers. The enclosed O-Ring is generally not needed for any other upper receiver group."

I assume this it to be used with the extractor, but what's the story behind this?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...24947-CLP-wars

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I assume this it to be used with the extractor, but what's the story behind this?
    The O-ring was an idiotic solution to over-gassed guns in carbine length gas system. The extractor could slip off the case rim. Toss the oring out. it's nonsense.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just went through that whole thread & think I'll stay away from mentioning the amsoil gun lube I'm running...sensitive topic.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don't pretend to know what the grease is, but lithium grease works well for me. I prefer a tube for neatness.

*Link is to show product, have never done business with this retailer* https://barndoorag.com/lucas-white-l...nt=Catch%20All

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to have brought up a sore subject about gun lubes and grease in my questions. I was just curious what BCM might be using by way of grease. Mods can shut this down of course, if they feel this may lead to a poop storm

Feedback Score

I just love the look, the smell, the feel of a nicely machined piece of steel!

G96 is govt/"military" issue CLP.
    Last edited by n8vmind; 09-18-20 at 15:52.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast