Thread: So you have a new AR. How to test?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    In my opinion based on years of training, teaching and witnessing AR's being used, sort through the thread and take the advice of key post or part thereof.

I would
    Do your homework, get a stock factory gun--don't add any whizzing crap to it
    Field strip, clean, inspect, lubricate
    Any where from 60-100 rounds zeroing, checking at various ranges and recheck zero when done.
    Field strip, clean, inspect, lubricate

Next range trip, take what you would carry "in the end of times fantasy" do not reapply lube from the last time

Shoot the load out however and if you make it through, you can call it golden.

In reality, you will never get the opportunity (if you want to call it that) to test it and if you did, the odds of surviving your load out in that scenario are more than likely slim to none. If you do-you won't be posting it here anyhow.
    That sounds good.

As for loadout, were i to leave the house prepared to fire the rifle if necessary and not at the range, I doubt I'd carry more than two or three extra mags. That's what I consider my "loadout". I value mobility most. But that's another discussion.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-24-20 at 08:43.