Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun pricing during Covid 19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Handgun pricing during Covid 19

I was wondering what other people's observations have been during this strange period of time. My local gun range received 5 Glock 19's Gen5 yesterday. They were priced at $1375.00. Two were left by the end of the day. The other two were sold this morning.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thats ridiculous. They wouldn't sell in AZ for those prices. I sold two guns on GB, and didn't get good pricing at all. A VP9 and P320. I think they have surges and I missed the initial pandemic / riot pricing.

Now ammo is another story. Its insane.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anyone dumb enough to pay $1350 for a Glock deserves to pay $1350 for a glock.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone dumb enough to pay $1350 for a Glock deserves to pay $1350 for a glock.
    AMEN !!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just grabbed a glock G45 for $554.00 including shipping through Asylum Weapons. I thought that was a decent price!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by hextall View Post
    I just grabbed a glock G45 for $554.00 including shipping through Asylum Weapons. I thought that was a decent price!
    disregard, received an email from them stating sorry there was a "glitch" and they were all sold out...wtf

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This is very local/regional. I've been in a number of gun stores in the last 60 days, several of which had Glocks gathering dust at normal retail price. One LE dealer has G17s and G44s in stock. Another retailer has had the same 19X for 2-3 months at $630.
    Other brands available as well, calibers and particular models vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thats ridiculous. They wouldn't sell in AZ for those prices. I sold two guns on GB, and didn't get good pricing at all. A VP9 and P320. I think they have surges and I missed the initial pandemic / riot pricing.
    PB
    Chatting with a busy local dealer and trying to sell stuff on GB, I'm seeing that GB is not super hot and only mass-market items (like a S&W AR15) are selling. Rare stuff of more value, priced reasonably, is just sitting. The local dealers are sold out of Glocks and similar mass-market handguns, but still have less common nicer stuff in stock. Watching CDNN there are some deals to be had, but not on things with name recognition among non-gun people.

My take - most of the buying is from people who haven't owned guns before and don't know much about them, so the prole brands are selling and the lesser known isn't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Chatting with a busy local dealer and trying to sell stuff on GB, I'm seeing that GB is not super hot and only mass-market items (like a S&W AR15) are selling. Rare stuff of more value, priced reasonably, is just sitting. The local dealers are sold out of Glocks and similar mass-market handguns, but still have less common nicer stuff in stock. Watching CDNN there are some deals to be had, but not on things with name recognition among non-gun people.

My take - most of the buying is from people who haven't owned guns before and don't know much about them, so the prole brands are selling and the lesser known isn't.
    Not necessarily. How many people here own like a dozen G19 and nothing else? Nothing rare of more value?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I was looking recently for a gen5 19. Everyone is out of stock. So i watched some on gunbroker and they were selling around $800. That is not as bad as 1300 but still way too much for a glock. Maybe next year.

Hey pappabear, I am enjoying that p229 legion you sold me

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is very local/regional. I've been in a number of gun stores in the last 60 days, several of which had Glocks gathering dust at normal retail price. One LE dealer has G17s and G44s in stock. Another retailer has had the same 19X for 2-3 months at $630.

Other brands available as well, calibers and particular models vary.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast