Thread: Aimpoint PRO on Pistol Question

Feedback Score

Aimpoint PRO on Pistol Question

Hi,

I'm about to sight in my Aimpoint PRO on a new Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 P with 10.3" barrel.

Should I remove the spacer and bring it lower to the barrel? Or does it matter?

I assume if I sight in with one or the other and change it will have to be re-sighted.....

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I am of the opinion that it really does not matter. It is more important what feels more comfortable to you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure if it will be useable, but doubt you will like it. That is even more so if you have other AR's with standard height sight set ups.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Not sure if it will be useable, but doubt you will like it. That is even more so if you have other AR's with standard height sight set ups.

Are you saying without spacer?

I've used an Aimpoint PRO and like it just fine on my Colt M4.

I did remove the spacer and will see how I like it. It seems to cowitness with my Magpul MBUS sights nicely but range will tell. I must say it feels a hair low and I can sight with both eyes easily.

BTW the deciding factor so far is I don't have a good case and am using the DD one it came with and it wont fit with the spacer attached!

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    A lot of people prefer the higher setting (a lower 1/3 cowitness). A lot of people prefer the lower height (absolute cowitness). Shoot it both ways. See what you like. If you do a lot of prone shooting, the lower option would be better. And I mean a lot of prone. If you do a lot of stand up shooting, the higher might be better.

Yes, your zero will be off if you zero it one way and change it to the other.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    Are you saying without spacer?

I've used an Aimpoint PRO and like it just fine on my Colt M4.

I did remove the spacer and will see how I like it. It seems to cowitness with my Magpul MBUS sights nicely but range will tell. I must say it feels a hair low and I can sight with both eyes easily.

BTW the deciding factor so far is I don't have a good case and am using the DD one it came with and it wont fit with the spacer attached!

Thanks!
    Without the spacer the center of the PRO will be 0.23" lower than standard iron sights.

https://m.facebook.com/PatriotProduc...44510152269645

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If you use the same cheek weld as a carbine, the PRO will be probably be uncomfortably low with the spacer removed.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-22-20 at 23:50.