Thread: DD MK18 sling mounting

Feedback Score

DD MK18 sling mounting

I was cleaning my DD MK18 tonight and noticed that the hole on the rear of the lower below the buffer tuber is more open than my other AR’s. I tried a quick detach sling and it fits and locks in place. I never realized that was a sling mount hole. Does anyone use that to mount a sling to? If so what type/brand, a single mount To that hole or two mounts one there and one on the but stock? A pic of what you have would be helpful as there are no stores near me with any supply to look at.

Edit just google it, feel like a dope for not doing that first.
    Last edited by MAUSER202; 09-21-20 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    I use a BFG padded Vickers sling with one end attached on the end plate and the other on the rear of the left side of the fore-end as close to the front of the upper as I can get it (whether it is a rail, KeyMod, or MLok).

No pics handy, but the end attached to the end plate goes under my right arm, the sling wraps around my back, goes over my left shoulder, and forward to the side of the fore-end.

I have the advantage/disadvantage of being right-handed for long-gun, left-handed for handgun. With the sling config described, I can drop the rifle to my right side, muzzle down with my right hand as I transition to my handgun with my left.

MJN1957

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yes the DD QD endplate is beefy. I like the mounting location. It's more nimble and not get in the way compare to the stock location.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I’ve run the ASAP and QD endplate, but prefer rear of rail.

"Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"