Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Handgun pricing during Covid 19

Feedback Score
    Yeah common “commodity” grade guns that are well known brands seem to be beat way inflated.

Already high end higher priced guns seem more or less normal, and available for now.

The panic buyers I think are mostly new gun owners, and this is their first panic buy rodeo. Let’s hope their new found awakening to the reality they’re responsible for their own defense also has them reconsidering their voting habits. Probably too much to ask.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All excellent points, my friend.

Very true.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Was this in a free state, or a state with limited options?
    New Jersey. Though in an adjoining county im seeing several Glock 19's Gen5 (Blue Label) totally ignored at $450.00. I don't get it.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It depends on what you're buying. Most of the low-mid range guns and FMJ ammo is ridiculously priced if in stock.

But just last week I bought a blem BCM lower from PA for $340 and a 16" recce upper from BCM for $850, which are the same prices I paid for the same stuff months ago.

Quality rifle ammo isn't bad either. I see Federal LE223T3 for $1.55/rd for sale today, and I paid $1.35/rd for a bunch back in early April.

Aimpoints seem pretty normally available as do Surefire WMLs, Vickers slings, etc. Tenicor ships your holster within 24 hours.

Just from what I've seen XM193 is popping up for about $.50/rd and immediately selling out, while 9mm FMJ is sparse at like $0.70/rd.

Glocks are tough to find too. It's almost like someone is out there equipping an army of irregulars with Glock 19s and Blazer FMJ.....
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 09-22-20 at 06:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Said it before. I stopped when outdoor lines start. There is nothing in a gun store i need so bad that I'd be willing to stand in line for! They better be giving out buckets of cash with each gun before you see me in line.

I avoid GunBroker all together. If I can't hold it and physically inspect it I don't need it. And before someone says "want" vs "need" I WANT my money more than some gun on a computer screen!

Having said that..... I've been pretty much done with buying way before covid and lockdowns. I won't pass up a great deal but Im no longer interested in trying new stuff. My last purchase was beginning of the year when I bought a gen5 G17 & 19 to replace my gen3s. And the only reason I replaced then was because glock finally made ambidextrous guns otherwise there was nothing so game changing to warrant spending $1200-ish

Ammo I buy a little at a time when I see a "sale". I pretty much stopped shooting but it's not like I'm sitting with nothing to do. Life goes on and there's plenty to do in day to day life

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 09-22-20 at 07:03.

Feedback Score
    I don’t have near the amount of ammo I want, but I live in a tight knit town and we have a good support network.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post

Glocks are tough to find too. It's almost like someone is out there equipping an army of irregulars with Glock 19s and Blazer FMJ.....
    I see I’m not the only person who thinks it’s almost like “someone” is doing that.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This is very local/regional. I've been in a number of gun stores in the last 60 days, several of which had Glocks gathering dust at normal retail price. One LE dealer has G17s and G44s in stock. Another retailer has had the same 19X for 2-3 months at $630.
    Other brands available as well, calibers and particular models vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thats ridiculous. They wouldn't sell in AZ for those prices. I sold two guns on GB, and didn't get good pricing at all. A VP9 and P320. I think they have surges and I missed the initial pandemic / riot pricing.
    PB
    Chatting with a busy local dealer and trying to sell stuff on GB, I'm seeing that GB is not super hot and only mass-market items (like a S&W AR15) are selling. Rare stuff of more value, priced reasonably, is just sitting. The local dealers are sold out of Glocks and similar mass-market handguns, but still have less common nicer stuff in stock. Watching CDNN there are some deals to be had, but not on things with name recognition among non-gun people.

My take - most of the buying is from people who haven't owned guns before and don't know much about them, so the prole brands are selling and the lesser known isn't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Chatting with a busy local dealer and trying to sell stuff on GB, I'm seeing that GB is not super hot and only mass-market items (like a S&W AR15) are selling. Rare stuff of more value, priced reasonably, is just sitting. The local dealers are sold out of Glocks and similar mass-market handguns, but still have less common nicer stuff in stock. Watching CDNN there are some deals to be had, but not on things with name recognition among non-gun people.

My take - most of the buying is from people who haven't owned guns before and don't know much about them, so the prole brands are selling and the lesser known isn't.
    Not necessarily. How many people here own like a dozen G19 and nothing else? Nothing rare of more value?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by hextall View Post
    I just grabbed a glock G45 for $554.00 including shipping through Asylum Weapons. I thought that was a decent price!
    disregard, received an email from them stating sorry there was a "glitch" and they were all sold out...wtf

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast