Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-6 Months to Renew a US Passport

Feedback Score

4-6 Months to Renew a US Passport

Jumped through all the whoops to renew my passport today. 4-6 months before I get a new one. Thats pathetic in the US of A.
    I work for one of largest package delivery services on the planet. Life here and on the job are pretty much normal. People are out and about and no masks most places.
    Yet it takes big gov 4-6 months to shuffle some paper work. I don't need the passport in that time frame but thats beside the point. The most modern country in the world and thats the best they can do? Pathetic!
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Go down to your local Congress critter’s office and ask them to help you expedite it. Back around 2005 I had the same problem and my manager told me to do that. If I remember correctly I got my passport in 3 weeks or so.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Summer of 2019 I renewed mine and it took 3 weeks.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Summer of 2019 I renewed mine and it took 3 weeks.
    Similar for me in 2018. The official line was it was taking up to three months, but mine was in my hands in 20 days. I was a little perturbed, as I got myself a little indignant about “three $&#) Months!” and then the passport arrived before the check cleared. Maybe the government knew how important I was...

That experience may not hold in COVID, but I cannot blame a government agency for under promising and over delivering.

Feedback Score
    In the past the turn around has been reasonable.
    Covid was the excuse for the pathetic delay.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Applied for a new USA passport in the first week in May, got it back last week of August.

Have a plane ticket for end of next week, I am thinking 50-50 chance of flight being canceled.

Feedback Score
    I got mine summer of 2019. I had tickets for the Honda IndyCar race in Toronto. I waited until the last minute to send everything in, paid for next day shipping there and back and the expedite fee, it was expensive but it was at my door in 2 weeks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cucvtom View Post
    I got mine summer of 2019. I had tickets for the Honda IndyCar race in Toronto. I waited until the last minute to send everything in, paid for next day shipping there and back and the expedite fee, it was expensive but it was at my door in 2 weeks.
    All expedited services are suspended due to the big C
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This should seriously not be a surprise to anyone who has ever worked with a .gov run DMV.

You think the federal side of things is going to be more efficient?

Chick-fil-A should be in charge of such things. If the government ran as efficiently as a CFA drive thru, we would be a lot happier.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Jumped through all the whoops to renew my passport today. 4-6 months before I get a new one. Thats pathetic in the US of A.
    I work for one of largest package delivery services on the planet. Life here and on the job are pretty much normal. People are out and about and no masks most places.
    Yet it takes big gov 4-6 months to shuffle some paper work. I don't need the passport in that time frame but thats beside the point. The most modern country in the world and thats the best they can do? Pathetic!
    Been down that same road, last summer. About the time I was worried that it would be late, it was already en route.

On part of the form there is a question about how urgently you need the replacement. I assumed that field was used to determine how quickly they needed to get it back to you.

Also if they were super efficient, then there would be no need for 'expediting fees'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast