Thread: Can a G21SF reliably shoot 10MM?

Feedback Score

Can a G21SF reliably shoot 10MM?

Base platform: G21SF.

Is just a new OEM barrel enough? Stronger recoil spring? Will the barrel work in the .45 slide? Extractor change?

Easiest would be simply buying a G20. Second easiest (and a bit cheaper too) would be just buying a 20SF slide (complete) but, like just about everything else....SOLD OUT. So if it's doable I may have to piece the necessary stuff together, hence my questions above.

Thanks for the help fellas!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I went the other way. I bought a used, complete 21 slide and some magazines. I just swap slides with the 20 and it is GTG with everything else. My slide was a police trade in and was very cheap. Probably not the case now. When I was looking into this I read about a problem with the breech face dimensions between the .45 and the 10mm. About the same time I found my slide for 300 bucks and just bought it.

Following for interest and more info....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRT2 View Post
    Thanks for the link. If I could find a G20 slide (and mags of course) that would just about solve it 100%.

BTW, a G20 slide should fit on a 21SF frame shouldn't it?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes. The ejector is the same for both 10mm and .45.

I went the other way when I built my Gen 4 30S since it's not a catalog item. I bought a Gen 4 Model 29 (10mm) bottom end and a G36 top. Works like a champ over thousands of rounds.

Feedback Score
    What's fun is when you buy the used slide (complete) and a used frame as separate purchases. Then you can end up with a perfectly legal and reliable pistol which has 3 different serial numbers, if those parts came from Austria. Naturally only one s/n counts with the serial number bookkeeping but it is a bit of a novelty.

Bart Noir