Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat shirts: Zipper or no zipper?

Feedback Score

Combat shirts: Zipper or no zipper?

I was looking at the TRU-SPEC combat shirts and noticed that most had 1/4 zip collars, but they also have one that has no zipper and no collar. Anyone who's tried them have a preference for one over the other in terms of durability and comfort?

Very minor detail, I know, but I'm still curious. Also, it doesn't just have to be TRU-SPEC shirts; I've just been looking at them because they seem like a good value.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 09-23-20 at 10:09.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check out the Mission/Action/Element shirts, here: https://beyondclothing.com/collections/mission
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You’ll look cooler in the zipper one. Looking cool is rule number one.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I find having a full collar to be much more useful for both sun protection and for using a sling.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You’ll look cooler in the zipper one. Looking cool is rule number one.
    Yep. When it's love makin' time, I want my wife to say "That zippered combat shirt is getting me hot. Leave it on!"
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 09-23-20 at 12:22.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Yep. When it's love makin' time, I want my wife to say "That zippered combat shirt is getting me hot. Leave it on!"
    You're doing it wrong. The zipper needs to be all the way down in order to get that deep v neck. That way you're bristling chest hair is popping out. That's what the ladies like.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    You're doing it wrong. The zipper needs to be all the way down in order to get that deep v neck. That way you're bristling chest hair is popping out. That's what the ladies like.
    ^this right here

Get fire gear. You’ll be @$&?ing %*+€£¥ and #~?@&$ing in a helmet from here out.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Not combat shirts but I like quarter zips in my hunting gear for heat management

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    ^this right here

Get fire gear. You’ll be @$&?ing %*+€£¥ and #~?@&$ing in a helmet from here out.
    Knowing my wife, I'd just get a lot of ball busting: "Mr. Fireman, if you want to put out this fire, you're going to need more hose than you got there. Maybe I should call another department..."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Knowing my wife, I'd just get a lot of ball busting: "Mr. Fireman, if you want to put out this fire, you're going to need more hose than you got there. Maybe I should call another department..."
    Tell her 5” is the biggest hose most departments have.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast