Thread: New upper being built

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New upper being built

I have the parts for a new upper including a Centurion HF SoCOM 14.5 barrel. It's going into a stripped upper I got in trade from a friend. No pics but it is greyish in color and it has the square forge mark. The rail has T marks ? Is that what they are called? The grey is attractive and it looks well made but my friend couldn't remember where he got it. W/o pics I know it is hard to be sure but any ideas on who made it?

Regards

Feedback Score
    Any markings on the front of the receiver where the gas tube goes?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unless it has obvious Colt marks, it's pretty much impossible to say. The forge mark is just that, a forge mark. Doesn't tell you who machined it or did the anodizing. Chances are it's probably okay, but there have been a lot of dodgy parts produced in the last ten years. Were it me, I would sell it and get something that's a known quantity, like Colt, DD, or Vltor if you want something fancy. Since you sprung for a centurion barrel, Vltor wouldn't be a bad choice. The flanges are tight and the receiver walls are rigid, which would in theory squeeze a little more precision out of it.