Thread: Sling under stock-side armpit?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Sling under stock-side armpit?

Is anyone else doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by MJN1957 View Post
    I use a BFG padded Vickers sling with one end attached on the end plate and the other on the rear of the left side of the fore-end as close to the front of the upper as I can get it (whether it is a rail, KeyMod, or MLok).

No pics handy, but the end attached to the end plate goes under my right arm, the sling wraps around my back, goes over my left shoulder, and forward to the side of the fore-end.

I have the advantage/disadvantage of being right-handed for long-gun, left-handed for handgun. With the sling config described, I can drop the rifle to my right side, muzzle down with my right hand as I transition to my handgun with my left.

MJN1957

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I do that sometimes. If you’re gonna be putting your rifle on your back to use your hands, thats the way to go.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    If you are cross eye dominant like Larry, it works really well. For most it doesn't, because your rifle drops down in front of or next to your holster and will impede your draw or reholstering. Most people will remove their left arm from the sling and wear it like a necklace when they transition from right shoulder to left shoulder.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    If you are cross eye dominant like Larry, it works really well. For most it doesn't, because your rifle drops down in front of or next to your holster and will impede your draw or reholstering. Most people will remove their left arm from the sling and wear it like a necklace when they transition from right shoulder to left shoulder.
    I've been looking for the video he made showing that.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 09-23-20 at 17:28.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The only time I do that is if I have the rifle slung over my back and bring it up to shoot.

Not something I do regularly, but not a bad thing to be proficient at.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This interested me because I am cross dominant. Wearing the sling this way feels good with the weapon mounted, better even, but I find that the carbine hangs more horizontally instead of vertically as it does wearing the sling the conventional way. It seems like that could make drawing an opposing sidearm harder instead of easier. Maybe it's just the mounts points I am using.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been an M16 sling designed to do just that since (guesstimating) the mid 80's plus the top sling adapter kit goes further back along with rigged up versions.

https://www.redi-mag.com/product/bp-42-military-sling/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    This interested me because I am cross dominant. Wearing the sling this way feels good with the weapon mounted, better even, but I find that the carbine hangs more horizontally instead of vertically as it does wearing the sling the conventional way. It seems like that could make drawing an opposing sidearm harder instead of easier. Maybe it's just the mounts points I am using.
    It’ll point a little lower when it hangs if you mount the front swivel next to the receiver on the handguard.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.