Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M110 contract for Knight's

Feedback Score
    Well, Stoner seemed more wedded to the .308 than the 5.56mm.

Feedback Score
    Any feedback or input regarding the DD .308 line of weapons?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like they could build an AR10 with off the shelf commercial parts that would outperform the M110 for a fraction of the price?
    Hahahahaahah

but yes you are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    In Iraq in 2008 no one in my platoon was a fan of the 110. I was one of the train the trainer SME class representatives for the whole KEYHOLE system rollout before we deployed. Most of us opted to put 6-10x optics on M4’s(HERESY!) or we took M24’s if the mission called for a dedicated platform. We found the 110’s didn’t hold zero well coming in and out of vehicles non-stop and they didn’t react predictably from the bipod. I’m sure others had different experiences and your PRS and gun range mates feel differently, but my AD Infantry unit did not take to it. I’m also a sample size of one, so keep that in mind when the urge to autistically screech a response onto the internet strikes.

They were great for shooting feral dogs when we released MWD’s to search large fields and such and the local dogs tried to go after them, but other than that they stayed on our FOB more than they left it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123