Thread: $850 shipped, unfired "featureless" AR-10 in .308 Winchester, California

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

$850 shipped, unfired "featureless" AR-10 in .308 Winchester, California

Make: Palmetto State Armory (PSA)/Magpul

Model: PA10

Caliber: .308 Winchester

Price: $850

Will ship: Yes

WHO:

Former active duty Marine turned suburban dad/Reservist.

WHAT:

"Featureless" (legal in 49 states) AR10 chambered in .308 Winchester (can safely fire 7.62x51mm), which Palmetto State Armory (PSA) calls the "PA-10". It's a second generation (Gen2) PA10 (PSA is up to the Gen3), but it comes with an adjustable gas block, which is one of the major criticisms of previous generations. This rifle was assembled but not yet fired (though I have assembled dozens of AR builds).

Upper Assembly: PSA
    - Caliber: .308 Winchester
    - Muzzle Device: Northern Gun Parts barrel extender/thread protector (featureless)
    - Barrel: PSA 18", 1 in 10" twist, 416R stainless steel
    - Gas System: Midlength
    - Handguard: PSA 15" lightweight M-LOK free float rail
    - Upper Receiver: PSA Gen2 PA10 forged 7075 T6
    - Bolt Carrier Group (BCG): PSA 9310 steel bolt assembly in 8620 carrier, nitride treated with staked gas keys
    - Charging Handle: PSA

Lower Assembly: PSA/Magpul
    - Caliber: Multi
    - Stripped Lower Receiver: PSA Gen2 PA10
    - Lower Build Kit: PSA Enhanced Polished Trigger (EPT)/Magpul
    - Grip: Exile Machine hammerhead stock adapter/grip (featureless)
    - Stock: Magpul MOE fixed stock, mil-spec (featureless)

Extras:
    - Accessories: PSA .750 diameter adjustable gas block
    - Magazines: one Magpul PMAG® 10 LR/SR GEN M3™
    - Featureless: Original "evil" features are included and no permanent modifications have been made (i.e. you can turn this back into an "assault weapon" if your jurisdiction allows it and/or you are legally permitted to own one)

WHERE:

Sacramento, California.

WHEN:

N/A

WHY:

I don't shoot nearly as much as I anticipated, so I can't justify hanging onto this build. (Did I mention that I'm a suburban dad?)

HOW:

I will ship for free to the federal firearms licensee (FFL) of your choosing. However, your FFL must be willing to accept shipments from a non-FFL (me). Furthermore, I plan to ship the lower and the upper separately so as to minimize "evil black rifle" syndrome.

More details about the PSA/Magpul PA10.

I have no idea how to price this, but am basically charging a little more than I paid back in late 2018, plus the reimbursement for shipping fees.

As noted above, all featureless modifications are reversible, should you move to a jurisdiction that has no "assault weapons ban". Going from front to back, here is a close-up of the featureless muzzle device with the original flash hider (you get both) and the PSA adjustable gas block:

Here is a screenshot from Northern Gun Parts' website:

Here is a close-up of the 15" M-LOK free-floated rail and the PSA adjustable gas block:

Here is a close-up of the featureless Exile Machine hammerhead stock adapter/grip (you will get the original Magpul pistol grip), the Magpul PMAG (still sealed), and the Magpul fixed stock:

Here is a screenshot from Exile Machine's website:

Here is a close-up of the reverse side of the lower receiver:

Here is a screenshot of the upper from PSA's website:

Finally, here is a screenshot of the stripped lower from PSA's website:
    Last edited by butlers; 10-15-20 at 14:43. Reason: Sold!
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards."
    William Francis Butler