Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GAO report on "Federal Tactical Teams"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Your understanding and interpretation of the history of law enforcement, standing armies, etc., is precarious at best. First, your statement about sheriffs is only half true. That's what sheriffs were and are in England, but here, even before the Revolution, either they or constables were the chief law enforcement officers in each county/precinct and they deputized as necessary to enforce state laws. There was no state law enforcement.

Second, your interpretation of "militias" executing federal laws, well, I don't even really know where to begin with that. First, there is no prohibition in the Constitution against the federal government having a standing army. Literally all it says is that Congress shall appropriate the money for it (for periods no longer than 2 years, which is still true today) and the President shall command the armed forces as they are funded by Congress. The power to enforce federal law is given entirely to the Executive in the Constitution. The Executive has always accomplished this by appointing/deputizing others. In the early years of the Republic, the Marshals Service was the only federal law enforcement, not some "militia". Taxes, customs, etc. were collected by revenue agents, but they were nothing like law enforcers and were not empowered as such - dude won't pay the duties on his hemp imports? Notify the Marshals.
    Sheriffs in England were primarily judges, holding court like the king did, but on a much smaller level. They made unilateral decisions in local affairs, on behalf of the king. They were essentially dictators. Sheriffs in the colonies weren't anything like sheriffs in England. Even to this day, sheriff is synonymous with judge in parts of Great Britain.

The constitution reads:

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;
    There were never supposed to be standing armies. They were supposed to be raised in wartime and then dissolved. There was a standing navy to prevent coastal states from having too much power, but land forces were supposed to be the states' militias.

That's why congress had the power to dictate training for the various state militias, so that they could be called up to repel a foreign invasion.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    All those blue letters disputing my points, and you failed to answer the one question I asked of you. Have you ever been in the National Guard?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why does everything devolve into Sovereign Citizen lolbertarianism?

Military recruiters are at the mall
    Police and Sheriff’s are downtown.

If you can get in either one, have at it.

In b4 “They can’t pay me enough. I make good money as a DUI lawyer or HVAC. I refuse to serve under Biden. I have no place fighting with pissed off black folks”

In 20 years we have had a nice bevy of war and stateside Civil Unrest. Some have done one, some have done the other. Some have done both but a LOT have done neither.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    All those blue letters disputing my points, and you failed to answer the one question I asked of you. Have you ever been in the National Guard?
    Have you ever been in a colonial militia?

See, I can ask silly and largely irrelevant questions, too.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    That's one thing I like. In NC. everything is so encapsulated. Tired of HP and want to go into investigations? You gotta apply to the SBI and go through their training. Such a waste of money and so disorganized. To work with more than one of them in a for-real event or training is like watching a circus; they can't even share comms.

Edited to add re: MSP, I love--LOVE--their trooper-medic job. I would have have gone if it wasn't for a very sick mother in NC I could not leave. I would not have cared to work the I-95/Washington-Baltimore corridor, but east or west, man, that's some beautiful land.

I begrudgingly give HRT a nod because they can walk the walk. I say 'begrudgingly' because a lot of them think their shi# don't stink. You know that old joke, "A crossfitter, a vegan, and a Navy SEAL walk into a bar....how do you know? It's the first thing they tell you." Add HRT to that joke. We did some stuff with them when I was both in the mil and with our local PD tac team, they can indeed do the job. I just wish they'd shut up about it.
    The adage is just as true in LE circles is at is .mil, they real guys that do the most talk the least about it.

This is even more accurate on the Fed level.

Dudes just want to flex in multicam Crye and stroke each other’s phallic shaped egos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Have you ever been in a colonial militia?

See, I can ask silly and largely irrelevant questions, too.
    Copy. You have no idea what you are talking about. Have a nice day.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Copy. You have no idea what you are talking about. Have a nice day.
    So your thesis is that to fully comprehend the constitution one must first be a member of an unconstitutional ersatz militia?

Sorry bro, but your feels don't supersede the highest law of the land. It says what it says, and there are ingenious reasons behind its various quirks, despite any inconveniences they might pose to modern sensibilities.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Time out. Fighters go to a neutral corner, and await the bell.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345